Nokia navigation/maps

radio2

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I am considering buying a Nokia 720. But I want to be sure the turn-by-turn navigation will be good for driving all around Europe through many countries.

Can anyone tell me how good the included navigation is? Is it inferior to 3rd party options I might want to consider? Are there any issues with it only working in the country where your SIM is from or anything like that?

thanks for you help

radio2

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Do I have it correct that maps on the 720 will work anywhere, but Drive will only work in the country that my SIM is from?

If so, will it be possible to buy Drive+ so that I can use turn-by-turn directions in any country?

I'm surprised Drive doesn't at least work across the EU. It sure would be annoying to, for example, live in Monaco with only Drive.

Jonathan Piferrer

May 29, 2013
Visit site
DRIVE BETA: Only Sim country navigation turn by turn...
DRIVE + BETA: Worldwide navigation turn by turn.

Thats the biggest difference... Nokia said DRIVE + will be available someday to be buy, but until today no news...

radio2

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Great. So there is no way for me to get car navigation in Europe except for in one country? I want to drive through about 8 countries. It's not going to be feasible to stop and buy a new SIM every time I cross a border (for example, I will not always be driving at times that stores are open).

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Great. So there is no way for me to get car navigation in Europe except for in one country? I want to drive through about 8 countries. It's not going to be feasible to stop and buy a new SIM every time I cross a border (for example, I will not always be driving at times that stores are open).

Even buying a new sim won't work unless you factory reset you phone each time. I believe Nokia Drive is locked to the country of the sim that's installed when you first run it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte