Lumia 720 unable to connect to wifi

muhammed yazeen

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey every one... i am a newbie to the windows platform i bought a lumia 720 couple of days back. I tried to connect my phone to my wifi modem but gets an error ("CONNECTION UNSUCCESSFUL " unable to connect to net work). I use the same modem to connect my laptop and PS3 wirelessly.
I tried with secure and open connections from modem but was of no use ........
Then tried making a wifi hotspot using connectify and it worked fine !
guys any help will be appreciated . here is the screen shot of my modem's wifi setting
Untitdled.jpg

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Try switch your security options on the modem? Also try by deleting the SSID from your Wifi settings on the phone, then reboot your phone, and let it find it again and reconnect.

janeejamal

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
My nokia lumia 720 also has the exact problem..When i try to connect to my wifi, it shows connection unsuccessful , unable to connect to network.But i use the same wifi for my laptop and works well.My wifi is not secured, it doesnt have a password.Is it because of that it is not connecting?

wunderhund

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Although I do not have a Lumia 720, I did troubleshoot an incompatibility between my Samsung Focus and a router/modem gateway I had set up. All other devices (laptops, tablets, mobile phones, etc) were able to connect without a problem. The Focus could see a full-strength signal and the SSID from the router, but it was unable to connect successfully. Once I switched out the router with another from a different manufacturer, the Samsung was able to connect. I am unsure exactly where the incompatibility lay, but I'm afraid it is possible that some wireless devices do not cooperate with each other. If you are using a gateway device (modem with router) try using the device in "bridge" mode and add a different router in front of the modem.

Cheers.

muhammed yazeen

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
When i contacted nokia they said ip based connections are not possible. By the by i managed to resolve the issue by resetting my modem and entering the credentials again.
RegardSsss

apollo

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
hi everyone,i suffer the same problem with my 720,it reads no response from network,but a few times it did connect!can somebody pls help me

thanks

Saikat Halder

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am unable to connect NL 720 to unsecured open wifi network, it shows notification like "wifi available. want to connect?" when i tap that, it shows "unable to connect to wifi hotspot"
what to do?

bikrone

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I just got this problem and was really confused. But I found out that my static ip setting is on, just turn it off and it will be okay.

INDIAN720

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I just got this problem and was really confused. But I found out that my static ip setting is on, just turn it off and it will be okay.

where is this setting buddy ........ i am also facing the same problem .. phone connects to my laptop's hotspot but internet doesnt work

bikrone

May 14, 2013
Visit site
where is this setting buddy ........ i am also facing the same problem .. phone connects to my laptop's hotspot but internet doesnt work

It's in the wifi settings, if you don't see it, update all your system apps. But I'm not sure you're experiencing the same problem with me.

rahul nikhare

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Saw some thread that many of us unable to connect to wifi after 8.1 upgrade.
I myself using 720 and gotcha the same problem from yesterday..
SAw some creepy stuff and suggestion that didnt work out for me..
So basically i trief to find the way out.

So when I read some network theory about the Wifi network i found that the the transport way 8.1 is using is different than 8.0 .
So once you have upgraded to Lumia Denim you need to delete the previous connection I mean which is already configured in your wifi .
Just reset your modem once and reconfigure the connection and try.

It will work our as it works for me..

Hope it will help you all as it did for me..

Happy DAy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers