Hello frnds...
    I have lumia 720 (India)... I love it ...
    but i don't understand one thing.... which is "Update"
    Apps are not getting update automatically if any update are avl. i have to go manually to the particular app and update it manuallly (after getting know from WPcentral posts)...
    Simply; it does not prompt me to update any app.... :(
    how to fix it
    Jonathan Piferrer likes this.
    06-27-2013 10:57 AM
    This thread has some suggestions that have worked for some people. http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...p-updates.html
    06-27-2013 11:10 AM
    Put flight mode for 1 day, wait till u see store update. No need to do any soft reset.
    06-29-2013 12:05 PM
    Put flight mode for 1 day, wait till u see store update. No need to do any soft reset.
    How is the phone supposed to find out about updates if it's in Flight Mode? And if you put the phone into Flight Mode for a day, that means you can't make or receive calls, access the internet, send/receive SMSs and emails, or basically do anything much at all with your phone for a whole day.

This sounds like a silly suggestion to me.
    06-30-2013 09:12 PM
    I was having this problem. What seemed to work was doing a soft reset, volume down and power till it vibrates. Then power off phone for 60 seconds.

And then a bit of patience. I would see oh here that an app I had was updated but I wouldn't get a notification. I found that if I wait for some time, at least a couple hours, the notification would show up.
    06-30-2013 09:19 PM
    Case in point; Fotoroom was updated today and posted about at about 7am in the forums. I just got the update notification at about 7pm on my store live tile.
    07-01-2013 07:30 PM
    Try this, it works perfectly...

Unpin the store from the main screen. Soft reset your phone by pressing lower volume key + power key. Once it reboots, pin your store back on. You might need to wait till next day but you should get the updates regularly then.

I am pretty much welcomed by updates every morning when I wake up! :)
    07-01-2013 08:14 PM
    Try this, it works perfectly...

Unpin the store from the main screen. Soft reset your phone by pressing lower volume key + power key. Once it reboots, pin your store back on. You might need to wait till next day but you should get the updates regularly then.

I am pretty much welcomed by updates every morning when I wake up! :)
    This does not work perfectly for everyone. It did nothing for me.

I performed the procedure described and waited a couple of days - no update notifications. When I manually went through the app pages in the Store, there were four updates available.
    07-01-2013 08:47 PM
    This does not work perfectly for everyone. It did nothing for me.

I performed the procedure described and waited a couple of days - no update notifications. When I manually went through the app pages in the Store, there were four updates available.
    Well sorry to hear that. It did work perfectly for me. Perhaps try once again and restart the phone after pinning the tile back on... Good luck!
    07-03-2013 07:06 PM
    Well sorry to hear that. It did work perfectly for me. Perhaps try once again and restart the phone after pinning the tile back on... Good luck!
    Done this about 10 times already. Also tried most of the other suggestions. I'm of the opinion that it's a regional thing. I'm in Australia, so maybe updates are flagged less often here than in the US. I didn't have any update notifications for weeks, even though I knew there were app updates manually available through the store. All of a sudden I'll get a couple of notifications (though not for all the apps that have updates available) and then all will go quiet for a while. I suspect if I just left things alone for a few months I'd eventually get notified of everything, but it's annoying knowing an update is available and not getting notified about it in a timely fashion.
    07-03-2013 09:03 PM