Lock Screen Lag

Zuela

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello to all,

I bought a Lumia 720 and I have a doubt, when I press the lock screen the screen turn off immediately, although it takes almost 2secs to turn on when I press it again.

This is normal?

Thanks

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WP! I have a 822 and mine does the same thing. I'm guessing since the phone is asleep, it takes a sec or two to wake up. For me it's not really an issue. There is never a time when I need the phone to turn on "immediately".

Zuela

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to WP! I have a 822 and mine does the same thing. I'm guessing since the phone is asleep, it takes a sec or two to wake up. For me it's not really an issue. There is never a time when I need the phone to turn on "immediately".

Thanks for the answer,

I was just curious because my old Omnia W WP7.8 is faster in this aspect.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Ah, it looks like you've been a lurker for a while :smile:

I have an HTC Trophy and it is faster as well. Eh, for me, I don't mind another .5 sec. My 822 is a much better phone, so I don't mind a little trade off.

Zuela

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Ah, it looks like you've been a lurker for a while :smile:

I have an HTC Trophy and it is faster as well. Eh, for me, I don't mind another .5 sec. My 822 is a much better phone, so I don't mind a little trade off.

Been in the WP wagon for a while :smile:

Something, really cool to say is that the Omnia W is still as fast as when I bought, so probably our Lumias will never get laggy with time. Another curious thing is that side-by-side the Omnia W is still pretty decent when you measure performance, I only upgrade my phone because the battery in my Omnia is always dying =/

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I expect our Lumias to get better with time. As we (the U.S.) becomes more technology advanced, battery life and phone performance will improve. Just think where we were 20 yrs ago to today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos