Nokia Lumia 720 Micro SD Card Compatibility

Valiant Lumia 720

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I have a Nokia Lumia 720 here in the Philippines and I'm planning on buying a new micro SD card for it.

People, I need help.

1.What are the differences of SD, SDHC, and SDXC?
2. Are all these types of SD card compatible with the 720?

3. Are class 10 SD/SDHC/SDXC cards compatible with the 720? Would I be getting the benefit of high read/write speeds? Or is it better to just go with Class 4?
4. What brand do you recommend?

5. Do you experience any lag on your SD card with 16GB or higher?

I'm sorry for the many questions but I would fully appreciate thse who will answer!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! =)

sp3cim3n

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
You'll find the nomenclature used merely defines the capacity of the MicroSD
SD - standard capacity
SDHC - High Capacity
SDXC - eXtended Capacity

Read/write speeds are of little concern other than the speed at which files transfer onto and off the phone.
More importantly the access time will define the performance of the microSD. Try getting specs for this-impossible.

I went the middle ground with a 16GB Class 6 SDHC by Samsung(blue markings). 16GB Micro SDHC Class 6 - OVERVIEW | SAMSUNG

Slotted into the 720(its pre formatted), powered the phone on - adjusted phone settings to store pics and media to SD and rebooted phone for good measure.
Music plays perfectly. (made sure not to sync music from PC-copied directly to music folder on microSd - so no duplicates)
Video seeking has maybe a 0.5 - 1.0 second lag, other than that it's smoooth as.

If in your pursuit you come across access time specifications, i'd love to know !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos