Backup contacts,messages for Lumia 720.

Ather88

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I have mark in my storage settings to backup the Messages. But actually where are my messages being backed up because I can't see them online when i logged in to sky drive with same hotmail account which i used in my lumia 720

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have mark in my storage settings to backup the Messages. But actually where are my messages being backed up because I can't see them online when i logged in to sky drive with same hotmail account which i used in my lumia 720

Your messaging history isn't backed up to Skydrive, it's backed up to your MS account (Outlook, Live, Hotmail) but those SMS's are not normally visible. Some people have been able to display them by altering the URL in the address bar. There are a couple of threads already detailing this so you can do a search of the forum to find them if you like.

Ather88

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I found it. I have 3 little queries as well regarding my Lumia 720 phone. If you could help me on them I will be thankful to you:
1) Is there any option in IE of lumia 720 to never remember browsing history or suggest nothing when typing url?
2) Is there any way we can check what type of Wifi Connections are available around us (Like Is it WEP or WPA2)? We can see the option when we successfully connect to Access Point but can't we See Initially (Before Connecting to Access Point)?
3) Can we manually change IP Address when connected to any Wifi Connection?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I found it. I have 3 little queries as well regarding my Lumia 720 phone. If you could help me on them I will be thankful to you:
1) Is there any option in IE of lumia 720 to never remember browsing history or suggest nothing when typing url?
2) Is there any way we can check what type of Wifi Connections are available around us (Like Is it WEP or WPA2)? We can see the option when we successfully connect to Access Point but can't we See Initially (Before Connecting to Access Point)?
3) Can we manually change IP Address when connected to any Wifi Connection?

this is more of a Windows Phone 8 question, since its not limited to Lumia 720

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I've tried to back up my messages and contacts using the in-built function.
After that I did a hard reset. Once the phone restarts, I was asked to sign into my Microsoft Account. I did that and Voila.. All the messages and the contacts were automatically synced back.. Had to re-install all the apps and the non xbox game data were deleted. But rest assured, the contacts and messages will be safe

Lyle Kimo Valdez

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Can I backup my contacts and text messages to a file or something? I'm trying to reset my phone, and I'm going to use another Microsoft account (I'm currently using a company account, and I want to use my outlook account) so I don't think that the built-in backup applies to me. ANy help?

Rajat Agarwall

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
sms restored partially. While I go into Email+Accounts for the hotmail account I see message "Not Up to Date". On Clicking on it I get Hotmail error message Error Code : 86000C0A

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss