downloading videos, and connection problems

whitedesk

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am unable to connect my NL720 to any computer, and would be grateful for advice. I know the problem is with the phone, and not the (many) computers I have tried it on (whether windows 7 or windows 8) because my son also has a nokia lumia 720, and his connects to these computers without any trouble. The phone does charge when connected by USB, but I receive a USB error message from the computer.

I have tried a hard reset, but no joy.

This isn't a big deal normally (as skydrive syncs pictures anyway), but I would like to be able to download some movies before a flight. I think (?) the only way to do this is by connecting to a computer via USB - is that right? Is there a workaround?

Would also be grateful for any advice on connecting to a computer, if available! thanks

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
The fact other phones work and you have tried multiple computers leads me to believe you have a hardware issue with your phone. I would contact Nokia support.

whitedesk

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi - many thanks all - I tried both removing the memory card, and buying a new USB cable (and testing the cable on my son's NL720 to make sure it worked) - neither sorted the problem. The phone does make a noise when connected, but then nothing. Oddly, the phone synced perfectly when I first bought it (about a month ago), but suddenly stopped.

whitedesk

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
p.s. in case this helps anyone else - I've found that PC remote app is a good workaround for transferring files if the USB can't be made to work (as in my case) - getting movies etc.. to work offline is another issue, though! :) thanks again for the help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon