Gorilla glass broken

ramanuj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My recently purchased Lumia 720 fell from a garden chair 1-1.5 feet height and its glass got cracked. I'm shocked to see this happen. Has anyone else faced this?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Its glass!!

Doesn't matter how toughened its supposed to be if the impact is at a certain angle it will break. Gorilla glass is only supposed to prevent scratching and direct impact.

If the force of the impact is on a side or a corner it causes compression on its weakest point which no glass can withstand.

I don't think there is anywhere where it states gorilla glass is unbreakable or shatterproof.

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
This is sorry to hear about your lost, but your only way is to take it to Nokia care and get it repaired. I must say I also encountered close calls with my Nokia 720 almost slipping out of my hand, but the new cellphones is fragile...

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Had 1 drop, I can see a faint white spot on the screen.
Luckily my device has a manufacturing fault and I'll soon have it replaced :D

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine got broken too. It felt on upper-right corner. It is fully functional but with broken glass. I sent it today in service. I hope that after repair it will look the same as before.

Akshay Paliwal

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
i wanna know how much price i hav to pay 2 get my lumia 720 repair as its glass is also broken bt touch izz alright and it is in warranty.????? plz reply

mjke

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Its glass!!

Doesn't matter how toughened its supposed to be if the impact is at a certain angle it will break. Gorilla glass is only supposed to prevent scratching and direct impact.

If the force of the impact is on a side or a corner it causes compression on its weakest point which no glass can withstand.

I don't think there is anywhere where it states gorilla glass is unbreakable or shatterproof.
exactly

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
my 920 has had several hard knocks on concrete several times, most recently yesterday - bottom corner -> flat out on it's back -> ended up on it's face. Survived with some scratches on the body. Screen has some scratches from before, but nothing that would show while the screen is on.

This thing is DURABLE!

mjke

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
my 920 has had several hard knocks on concrete several times, most recently yesterday - bottom corner -> flat out on it's back -> ended up on it's face. Survived with some scratches on the body. Screen has some scratches from before, but nothing that would show while the screen is on.

This thing is DURABLE!

920 is built like a tank

rahulrrs

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
HI
Even my 720 just fell down from the distance of my knee to floor. But shocked to see after that , Got a crack on the upper right corner of the glass. And my phone is in warranty and nokia care ppl are asking 8500 to change the glass with touch display.
Even if its costlier I prefer nokia care than the other duplicates in market.

AKJ_720

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Recently, I dropped my Lumia 720 phone. The glass is not broken, also the touch is working fine but the display is damaged. There are few lines on the screen and few letters are not visible while typing. I enquires at Nokia Care and they are asking for 8k for replacement of touch and display, which is way too high cost of repair for a 14k phone. Why should customer pay for something which is working fine ? Is it a way for Nokia to mint money from customers ? Definitely, it's a product failure for Nokia.

Guys, Need a suggestion if anybody could find a cheaper way to get the phone repaired. Please help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon