nokia lumia 720 battery life max 1 day with battery saver :/ is this normal ?

Sachin Prabhu

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20130820_0001.pngwp_ss_20130820_0002.pngwp_ss_20130820_0003.pngwp_ss_20130820_0004.pngwp_ss_20130820_0005[1].png

hello der , nw its around 1 month i got lumia 720 n frm d day i gt mobile battery lasts max of 1 day whereas i expected it to last 2 days :/ is this normal ? :/ wid data packet on it wont last even one day.. other than battery issue i luv my phone :) i need opinion abt battery :/ tnq

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If you use Cellular Data, it won't even last one day, especiallyif you keep it enabled during standby.

If you do nothing to it, it should last around a week.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
hello der , nw its around 1 month i got lumia 720 n frm d day i gt mobile battery lasts max of 1 day whereas i expected it to last 2 days :/ is this normal ? :/ wid data packet on it wont last even one day.. other than battery issue i luv my phone :) i need opinion abt battery :/ tnq

I have 3G data, wifi and Bluetooth always enabled (though not necessarily connected) on my Lumia 720 and it lasts generally about 48 hours before it needs a recharge (I'm a fairly light user). So your figures don't look right - unless you're browsing the internet or streaming music/videos for several hours a day, in which case you're getting what you'd expect.

The first thing to know is what apps are you running? Things like WhatsApp (the original version) caused excessive and continuous battery drain. The Facebook app has also been reported as causing battery drain on some phones.

You also need to look at what apps are allowed to run in the background. You should disable background running for any apps where you don't consider it essential.

Check you email download frequencies on all email accounts. If they're set to download on demand and you have multiple accounts, try setting them to download on a schedule (say every half hour).

Pulserider

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 720 can reach 2 days aswell and I'm a medium user browsing / whatsapp/ facebook. My experience is that when I installed the Twitter application it drained my battery faster than normal. Look for applications that constant connect to the internet and try to limit that and see how things go.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
do you have SKYPE always online? it effects the battery really bad. if your phone can survive two days it will drop to one.

Sachin Prabhu

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
yea i use fb n wtsapp lot :/ n i've allowed only battery , wtsapp , wechat in background n blocked rest of d apps .. n i've set d preferences for email as u said :) n d result is just nearly 27 hrs battery life :/

Nightwishh

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I get 2 days use on my 720 with WiFi and GPS always on, sometimes WiFi off and data on ( rarely ). 3 email accounts sync,some Facebook. I would say you have a problem with your battery.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
yea i use fb n wtsapp lot :/ n i've allowed only battery , wtsapp , wechat in background n blocked rest of d apps .. n i've set d preferences for email as u said :) n d result is just nearly 27 hrs battery life :/

You can't get 2 day battery life on a heavy usage. If u use wifi,Bluetooth,NFC,GPS,3G the battery won't last for a day. If u r a moderate usage I will suggest you turn on the mobile Internet from settings when u need it. Unless close,wifi,Bluetooth,NFC and location services. Turn the battery saver mode to on and keep the brightness level to low,disable automatic updates,email sync,brightness to low and this will help u gain atleast 2 hours battery life. If u don't use skydrive for images. Turn of the auto upload images to skydrive. It drains a lot of battery. These are some tips on how to conserve battery on windows phone.

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have 3G data, wifi and Bluetooth always enabled (though not necessarily connected) on my Lumia 720 and it lasts generally about 48 hours before it needs a recharge (I'm a fairly light user). So your figures don't look right - unless you're browsing the internet or streaming music/videos for several hours a day, in which case you're getting what you'd expect.

The first thing to know is what apps are you running? Things like WhatsApp (the original version) caused excessive and continuous battery drain. The Facebook app has also been reported as causing battery drain on some phones.

You also need to look at what apps are allowed to run in the background. You should disable background running for any apps where you don't consider it essential.

Check you email download frequencies on all email accounts. If they're set to download on demand and you have multiple accounts, try setting them to download on a schedule (say every half hour).

Why , is there another version of whatsapp,sir?

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Not sure, I don't use it. But I heard the developer was working on/releasing a version that didn't rely on an audio API hack to keep the app alive in the background. Not sure if this is now out. Perhaps someone who uses WhatsApp can confirm.

oh okay sir. thanks a lot for the info.

BTW, another dumb question, will the whatsapp run in the background even with the Battery Saver activated? :smile:

Saikat Halder

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it is normal, I have heard from my friend who has L720, his batter lasts 3 days, bt my battery lasts 1 or 1.5days. I will sugegst u go to nokia care go for a thorough check up of this phone.

in the mean time u can try these to increase battery life:
1. switch of bluetooth, data connection, wifi when not in use.
2. use nokia xpress browser rather than UC browser, it will save battery

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it is normal, I have heard from my friend who has L720, his batter lasts 3 days, bt my battery lasts 1 or 1.5days. I will sugegst u go to nokia care go for a thorough check up of this phone.

in the mean time u can try these to increase battery life:
1. switch of bluetooth, data connection, wifi when not in use.
2. use nokia xpress browser rather than UC browser, it will save battery

Thanks for the tip...i just wish IE browser could be uninstalled.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Battery back up will vary from phone to phone as no two users will have the same usage pattern. There a plenty of threads on how to improve battery life.

BTW what's wrong with IE?

Deepak Td

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
i get 2 days in the time off last one year ...but now i can get only 1 day ....
it just happen in just 4 days .....4 days later i reset the phone and update new windows 8.1 ....after that updation in can get only 22 hours battery backup ....is that the problem off updation ....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6