SOS. Lumia 720 hanged up since 12 hrs. Soft/ hard reset not working :( PLS HELP!

simplyjo1

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I am stuck. Pls help me out.

My volume down button was not working since few days. Today, my phone hanged so I cannot do a soft or hard reset since the volume down button is totally gone :(

Is there ANY other way to reset my phone ? I am in a remote location right now so not possible to take it to a Nokia service center till atleast a day.. and need my phone URGENTLY.

If there is anything else I can try pls let me know.

Thanks!

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
that was the first thing i tried. no luck :(

So is the phone "hung", as in the screen is on but unresponsive. Or has it turned off and and won't turn on again.

If it has turned off, it be that the battery is discharged. Have you tried charging it for a few hours to see if it turns on again?

Either way, even if you get the phone to start again, if your Volume Down button is not working at all you should take it to a Nokia Care centre as soon as possible as you undoubtedly will need to reboot again at some time in the future.

simplyjo1

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Charged it twice for 6 hrs each time. No luck.
Taking it to Nokia care now.

So is the phone "hung", as in the screen is on but unresponsive. Or has it turned off and and won't turn on again.

If it has turned off, it be that the battery is discharged. Have you tried charging it for a few hours to see if it turns on again?

Either way, even if you get the phone to start again, if your Volume Down button is not working at all you should take it to a Nokia Care centre as soon as possible as you undoubtedly will need to reboot again at some time in the future.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
done or not yet.
i also got stuck with my 720. i just went to the dealer. the nokia guy over there, said it is just hang. he pushed lower volume key, and camera key together and voila!
its restarted and working fine since then.

simplyjo1

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
done or not yet.
i also got stuck with my 720. i just went to the dealer. the nokia guy over there, said it is just hang. he pushed lower volume key, and camera key together and voila!
its restarted and working fine since then.

Thats what is called soft reset. haha. First thing everyone tries when phone hangs but problem was with my volume down button, as mentioned.
i got it fixed.

Harish Kaithan

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
FOLLOW This steps to solve this down button problem:
Step 1: Open nokia music and play a song in it.
Step 2: Now switch off your phone while listening the song.
Step 3: Now Switch on your phone, when you find 'nokia' on screen press volume down button untill an exclamation(!) mark appears on the screen.
That's it your problem will be solved.

kandula vinona

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
How did u get your phone fixed. Oleaseeee help. I am facing the same problem, my phone won't turn lad and my volume down button doesn't work. Did u loose all your data when I when to the Nokia help centre?

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
You could try using NSU for this. Or you can go to the nearest Nokia Care and get it fixed there. But do note that either way you will lose your data. So make sure to backup before you reset your phone. Messages, Contacts and App list can be backed up. However, please note that you WILL lose all app data (ex game saves or whatsapp messages).

lovelife123

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey, i know this response is pretty late! but don't worry, i have a 720 as well, and it tends to get hanged every now and then. and coincidentally my volume down button doesn't work either.
The easiest thing u can do is, wait for the battery to run out. This usually takes about 2 days. When your phone switches off, charge it. And it will switch on by itself. When your phone's rectified, get your volume down button fixed!

lovelife123

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
don't worry, i have a 720 as well, and it tends to get hanged every now and then. and coincidentally my volume down button doesn't work either.
The easiest thing u can do is, wait for the battery to run out. This usually takes about 2 days. When your phone switches off, charge it. And it will switch on by itself. When your phone's rectified, get your volume down button fixed!

lovelife123

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
How did u get your phone fixed. Oleaseeee help. I am facing the same problem, my phone won't turn lad and my volume down button doesn't work. Did u loose all your data when I when to the Nokia help centre?

don't worry, i have a 720 as well, and it tends to get hanged every now and then. and coincidentally my volume down button doesn't work either.

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
the trick that worked for me was i connected it to NSU and waited for it to detect the phone, then it askd to press two buttons. i guess the volume down and power and the phone just booted itself without any data loss
PS. I tried with the lower volume and power button thing without NSU but it didnt start at all. whn connected to the comp and did it with NSU it worked

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention