Should I buy Lumia 720?

Yash Bhati

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have read reviews about the Lumia 720.I like it very much. I think it is the best choice to buy in this range. But I am a little hesitant in buying it. I have come across user reviews stating a number of problems in some devices like screen blackout, auto shutdown etc.

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have read reviews about the Lumia 720.I like it very much. I think it is the best choice to buy in this range. But I am a little hesitant in buying it. I have come across user reviews stating a number of problems in some devices like screen blackout, auto shutdown etc.

Remember that most people only leave reviews, and post in forums if there is something wrong with their device. While satisfied users will usually never bother posting. Rest assured that people with issues are a minority, albeit a vocal one. I have a Lumia 720 myself, and I never encountered issues that are described here, and elsewhere, I am very happy with it :smile:

Go get the Lumia 720! You wont be disappointed.

sumeshmd

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
i went to buy L820 and after seeing L720 bought this. It is really sexy phone in look wise. performance also very good so far and i am using it for 1 month. battery backup is awesome , i am getting almost 2 days. data and bluetooth is ON always and i am using facebook frequently.

Abhishek Belkar

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine also 1 month old.How you get 2days ie 48 hours battery backup with data on ??
I only get max 20-22 hours of battery backup with data on when needed, wifi for 1.5-2 hours,calls max to 5mins, 15 mins of gaming.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine also 1 month old.How you get 2days ie 48 hours battery backup with data on ??
I only get max 20-22 hours of battery backup with data on when needed, wifi for 1.5-2 hours,calls max to 5mins, 15 mins of gaming.

The battery life is actually pretty good on this baby. I keep my wifi on all the time (not to mention occasional updates download and whatsapp). When I'm outside I switch to 3G+data on. I turn on location only when I need it. Used navigation for an hour on HERE maps (loved it), was trying to get to my destination. Also I keep email syncing to half an hour interval. With almost an hour of calling (summation of my all calls), this is what I was left with:

wp_ss_20130904_0001.png

PS: The max I've been able to achieve is 3 days 3 hours.

Abhishek Belkar

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
How you guys got 2-3days battery backup with active net??
In ur screenshot it shows 7 hours remaining on 8%.
Mine now on 60% shows 4 hours remaining when I charged my battery 5 hours ago.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
How you guys got 2-3days battery backup with active net??
In ur screenshot it shows 7 hours remaining on 8%.
Mine now on 60% shows 4 hours remaining when I charged my battery 5 hours ago.

Do some tweaks. Go to Settings-->applications-->background tasks. Here enable those apps only that you want to run in background.

I keep lockscreen timeout to 1min. I also do backup manually. There are many other little tweaks that can be done to improve your battery life drastically.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
A big thank you for such quality posts mate. Helpful. Btw I do easily get a 1.5 day backup without tweaks so I hope I can increase it too.
Do some tweaks. Go to Settings-->applications-->background tasks. Here enable those apps only that you want to run in background.

I keep lockscreen timeout to 1min. I also do backup manually. There are many other little tweaks that can be done to improve your battery life drastically.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Believe me, the OS is new so there are a few minor bugs but those can be ignored. Go for it. The 720 is the best under 20k for me. Its a beast. Love it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo