Hey guys, so it has been good 20 to 25 days since I bought my new Nokia Lumia 720. I have even updated it to amber. I am generally very happy with the device and its offerings. But a constant issue I have been facing is that the OS sometimes stutters while opening certain apps. It doesn't lag, per se, but there is a skipping of frames while opening apps. Like when I tap on messaging tile, it doesn't complete its animation smoothly. It stutters a bit. Doesn't take longer time to open, works as it is supposed to, but that stutter is really annoying me. I thought this would be fixed in amber update. the OS does seems snappier after the update but the problem still persists. I have tried re installing the OS via NSU for retail, and did a hard reset, but to no avail. Do any of you face that issue?
    09-14-2013 03:53 PM
    What? That's simply not normal (unacceptable for a WP!). I normally experience this after:
    1. Rebooting (the problem goes away in 5 seconds)
    2. An app crashed due to lack of RAM.

Whatever the case, that isn't normal. Before sending it for repair, could we have a list of apps installed?
    09-14-2013 04:05 PM
    Adobe reader
    Advanced English dictionary
    App Social
    Bing News+weather
    camera 360
    creative studio
    Facebook beta (tried uninstalling it)
    Flixster
    Function Plotter
    gmaps
    Nokia camera apps
    Nokia pro cam (tried uninstalling that one too)
    PDF reader
    recorder
    skydrive
    speedtest.net
    tv show
    twitter
    09-14-2013 04:25 PM
    Hmm. Is anything in there running in the background? (settings>background tasks)
    09-14-2013 04:27 PM
    Okay I guess you need to do a hard reset. Windows phone does this only when it crashes which is rare. Something is affecting your ram. I would suggest a hard reset if this happens all the time.
    May also depend on the type of memory card your using, mc's with less transfer speed may affect the stutter.
    09-14-2013 04:31 PM
    Hmm. Is anything in there running in the background? (settings>background tasks)
    yeah I have tried blocking everything from running in background in the settings.
    09-14-2013 05:59 PM
    Okay I guess you need to do a hard reset. Windows phone does this only when it crashes which is rare. Something is affecting your ram. I would suggest a hard reset if this happens all the time.
    May also depend on the type of memory card your using, mc's with less transfer speed may affect the stutter.
    I have tried the hard reset, plus a clean install by NSU. I'll change the mc to see if that changes things.
    09-14-2013 06:01 PM
    That didn't solve the problem either. I removed the mc to see if that did any good. But it was of no use. I think I have to take it to the Nokia care. One more question, can i ask them for a replacement right away or they will first try to repair the device?
    09-15-2013 02:44 AM
    I've had the same problem, and i think it's related to the number of messages. I have deleted all of my messages and the problem dissapear. (sorry for my poor English)
    09-15-2013 03:47 AM