heating issue & overdraining of battery

Manikanta Reddy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
hey people! i used sysapp pusher to update display, touch, glance on my lumia 720<not yet updated with amber> . then options for glance,touch,display appeared in settings but they were locked<i could make no changes whatsoever, so this was a useless update suggested by sysapp pusher>but from then the real trouble started ,my device drains of its battery very quickly ,7% per hour compared to (3%) earlier. this really worries me . any thing to suggest. please i would be glad

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
set your device date to year 2150, open glance it'll say app has problem and will give you an option to delete glance, remove it, put back the correct date and see if it helps?

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
It won't do any harm, but the power supply from a normal USB port is quite minimal (500mah), so the charging is slower, thus putting a strain on the battery for a longer period of time. The batteries perform a lot better when they get charged at around 1.2/1.3ah(1200/1300mah) which the Nokia supplied chargers deliver. Nokia keeps telling everyone that charging with a higher capacity charger is a very good idea for the battery, I think they are right. You won't notice a difference if you do it occasionally, but when you often charge using a low capacity charger (laptop USB port) you will notice a reduced battery capacity after 6 months.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
It won't do any harm, but the power supply from a normal USB port is quite minimal (500mah), so the charging is slower, thus putting a strain on the battery for a longer period of time. The batteries perform a lot better when they get charged at around 1.2/1.3ah(1200/1300mah) which the Nokia supplied chargers deliver. Nokia keeps telling everyone that charging with a higher capacity charger is a very good idea for the battery, I think they are right. You won't notice a difference if you do it occasionally, but when you often charge using a low capacity charger (laptop USB port) you will notice a reduced battery capacity after 6 months.

I don't believe this is true. There are two stages to charging a Li-Ion battery. First you charge at a constant current until a maximum voltage is reached, then you hold at max voltage until charge current decreases to 10% of it's initial value. Charging with a higher current allows you to do the first stage quicker, but the constant voltage stage takes longer. Charging at a lower current simply decreases the time necessary to hold at the constant voltage. While the overall charging time may be longer, I don't think it adds extra stress to the cells.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon