Battery drains faster after amber update for 720

Harsha S

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled the games from my phone. Now the battery life has increased drastically to 3+ days with moderate calls, moderate messages and moderate WhatsApp. Try uninstalling the games guys, it would definitely improve your Lumia battery life, with Amber update..!

M4tt1

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same issue of battery drains after installing the flashlite app (after amber update). The battery drained to 52% in 8 hrs (standby) from 100% with 3g, bluetooth and wifi off.
After removing the flashlite app everything is back to normal. Now it's 1day and 6hours i have charged my battery to 100% and now i have 55%.

engineblock

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled the games from my phone. Now the battery life has increased drastically to 3+ days with moderate calls, moderate messages and moderate WhatsApp. Try uninstalling the games guys, it would definitely improve your Lumia battery life, with Amber update..!

I dont believe just holding games can drain the battery. Playing them does but just keeping, I do not think so

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I really have no idea why this is happening. I use just whatsapp and bing weather in the background with almost most times on wifi. Still I get just 1.5 days of back up. I have already tried resetting the phone. At first the battery backup was immense ,now its again down.

Rahul_Lumia_720

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this will help since you use wifi most of the times. But if u r using 2G data connection, i suggest you to block whatsapp in the background tasks list and check the battery drain rate. This will not effect the whatsapp usage... you will still receive messages as and when they come... however, if you use wifi, atleast on my phone, i dont receive messages as they come..there will be some delay..or i have to keep the app open to receive them instantaneously...Give a try!

I really have no idea why this is happening. I use just whatsapp and bing weather in the background with almost most times on wifi. Still I get just 1.5 days of back up. I have already tried resetting the phone. At first the battery backup was immense ,now its again down.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I dont think the whatsapp push will work if I block it?
Not sure if this will help since you use wifi most of the times. But if u r using 2G data connection, i suggest you to block whatsapp in the background tasks list and check the battery drain rate. This will not effect the whatsapp usage... you will still receive messages as and when they come... however, if you use wifi, atleast on my phone, i dont receive messages as they come..there will be some delay..or i have to keep the app open to receive them instantaneously...Give a try!

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp push notifs have some issue when connected to Wifi. On a 2G network it seems to be working fine. Also blocking WhatsApp in background tasks doesn't affect the push notifs. Its tried and tested so I can vouch for that.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Done. Now a question to you and Gaurav as well. After a full charge phone shows estimated timing to be 1 day 10 hours, is this ok? All apps blocked in background, phone was in standby.
Well, it is working for me. Ofcourse, as i mentioned in previous post, works only on 2G connection and not on WiFi.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Done. Now a question to you and Gaurav as well. After a full charge phone shows estimated timing to be 1 day 10 hours, is this ok? All apps blocked in background, phone was in standby.

The estimated time is calculated by the previous usage pattern. Its fine if it shows 1 day 10 hours and doesn't last exactly 1 day 10hrs. Anyways like the name suggests its ESTIMATED. So its fine. My phone says 20 hrs ETA but it lasts little over 24 hrs after heavy usage. So it doesn't matter. As long as the battery lasts.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

Estimated time is...estimated! It's based on historical data and usage patterns. It does not reflect how long your phone WILL last and it does not update based on what's turned on or off. You will need to use your phone for a week or so to see the effect on battery life of changing your settings.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
And the surprising factor is with everything off in the background, the phone is still 100% battery after 8 hours.
The estimated time is calculated by the previous usage pattern. Its fine if it shows 1 day 10 hours and doesn't last exactly 1 day 10hrs. Anyways like the name suggests its ESTIMATED. So its fine. My phone says 20 hrs ETA but it lasts little over 24 hrs after heavy usage. So it doesn't matter. As long as the battery lasts.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
What amazes me is that I have never been able to see a regular backup after amber , moreover sometimes the battery backup is amazing (when everything is off in the background) How to I examine my battery and see whether its up to the mark?
Estimated time is...estimated! It's based on historical data and usage patterns. It does not reflect how long your phone WILL last and it does not update based on what's turned on or off. You will need to use your phone for a week or so to see the effect on battery life of changing your settings.

Rahul_Lumia_720

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
From my personal experience, the problem is with specific apps. Like allowing whatsapp in the background tasks drains more battery, though disabling it doesnt effect the functionality of whatsapp rather it increases the battery life. Try allowing other apps in background other than whatsapp. I use bing weather and couple of others and there is not much difference in battery backup. It shows 1 day 12 hrs on full charge, but comes around 2 days approx. And its constant, unless i play cpu-intensive games.

What amazes me is that I have never been able to see a regular backup after amber , moreover sometimes the battery backup is amazing (when everything is off in the background) How to I examine my battery and see whether its up to the mark?

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
for the first time after update to amber, my battery dropped faster
then I do this
charge it until 100% then leave it for more 20 minutes
after I did that the battery performace is increase

someone told me that because battery meter not give exact % on display
so you must charge it 100% charge + more 20 minutes for the 2-3 times

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads