Battery drains faster after amber update for 720

Christopher R M

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I updated my Lumia 720 to Amber last night.. since then, the battery drains faster and I feel like the phone heats up too.. the charge dropped 23% in 8 hrs of standby while I was sleeping.. usually it drains upto 10%.. the settings in phone are same as the ones before updating the phone.. when I was checking the settings for 5 minuts, the battery dropped 10%.. is anyone having this issue after the update??

anshulagrawal

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
try turning off nfc, bluetooth, and try bettery saver mode. also install insider" app and check usage of battery,,!! mine discharged around just 8% the whole niight without battery saver mode..!!!

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I updated my Lumia 720 to Amber last night.. since then, the battery drains faster and I feel like the phone heats up too.. the charge dropped 23% in 8 hrs of standby while I was sleeping.. usually it drains upto 10%.. the settings in phone are same as the ones before updating the phone.. when I was checking the settings for 5 minuts, the battery dropped 10%.. is anyone having this issue after the update??

Make sure you don't have too many background apps running. Try switching off NFC and location as well.

My battery lasts just over a day these days. And I'm using amber for almost 3 weeks now.

My usage:
2.5 hrs of nokia music
3 hrs of gaming
0.5 hrs off calls
wifi and data connection always on
0.5 hrs of browsing on wifi
1 hrs of Whatsapp

Christopher R M

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I will install insider app and check the usage of battery.. other connectivity lik BT, NFC, WifI etc will be turned on only when i wanna use them.. its basically the same settings, but increased discharging.. I have uninstalled battery app that i use to monitor the battery status.. Also, I ve drained the battery to below 10% and charging upto 100%.. let me see how it works out now..

Abhishek CM

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem, my battery doesn't even for a day that too on standby with almost no usage and everything is turned off!!
At first amber was running fine,I think the battery drain started after i installed like 15 app updates from nokia.
Somebody please help

Christopher R M

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem, my battery doesn't even for a day that too on standby with almost no usage and everything is turned off!!
At first amber was running fine,I think the battery drain started after i installed like 15 app updates from nokia.
Somebody please help

check which of those apps are running in the background.. uninstall them and check if that fixes ur issue..

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
TBH, i think your phone wasnt running anything before in the right way, lol because the software was idiotic, now everything is running smoothly, leaving you with 23% for 8 hours, which i think is amazing! that's about a day. and btw, since the 720 has LCD always on glance is brutal, i turned on peek much more convenient (with night mode).

Christopher R M

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
TBH, i think your phone wasnt running anything before in the right way, lol because the software was idiotic, now everything is running smoothly, leaving you with 23% for 8 hours, which i think is amazing! that's about a day. and btw, since the 720 has LCD always on glance is brutal, i turned on peek much more convenient (with night mode).

23% was when the phone was idle.. when it was running nothing in the background, WiFi turned off.. before the update, when WiFi was on, it used to discharge only about 10% when the phone was idle.. BTW, i haven't turned on glance.. like i said before, the phone was only updated to amber.. no other feature turned on..

Abhishek CM

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I've blocked all apps and I'm running nothing but still the battery is draining in standby mode. I think I'll hard reset the phone and see if the problem persists.

DEEN DAYAL MEENA

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
no buddy...i also update to amber and i m using since 24 hrs...and 30% battry remain Now...and i m also use wifi almost 6-7 hrs...so its only your issue...But i m unable to get nokia smart cam ...did u get rply.....wating....

Christopher R M

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
no buddy...i also update to amber and i m using since 24 hrs...and 30% battry remain Now...and i m also use wifi almost 6-7 hrs...so its only your issue...But i m unable to get nokia smart cam ...did u get rply.....wating....

after i drained the battery to less than 10% and charged t to 100%, the standby has increased.. Its been 30 hrs since i charged, and i am let with 40% remaining now..

usage is as follows.. 45 minutes of calls, constant fb, WhatsApp and sms, few background apps, 30 minutes of navigation, cam, almost an hour of browsing.. 2g data on 24x7 af occasional switch to 3g while browsing.. Haven't used WiFi yet

hope this helps..

and i haven't received smart cam app.. I've contacted nokia and they call me to inform tht they ll provide an update in 48 hours..

Sonal Sinha

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I just removed Nokia Pro Cam and all issues were fixed. Just remove this camera app which is anyways not compatible with 720 and you will surely have the same battery life as before...

rianash

May 27, 2013
Visit site
after i drained the battery to less than 10% and charged t to 100%, the standby has increased.. Its been 30 hrs since i charged, and i am let with 40% remaining now..

usage is as follows.. 45 minutes of calls, constant fb, WhatsApp and sms, few background apps, 30 minutes of navigation, cam, almost an hour of browsing.. 2g data on 24x7 af occasional switch to 3g while browsing.. Haven't used WiFi yet

hope this helps..

and i haven't received smart cam app.. I've contacted nokia and they call me to inform tht they ll provide an update in 48 hours..

That's a good thing to hear. I was afraid of updating my wife's 720 after my 620 drained very fast post amber update.

I did similar to my 620. Kept it discharged until off, then fully charged. Now battery drain rate seems to be normal if not better than pre amber update.

No 3G problem for you, Christopher? After amber update? I've lost 3G signal for few days after the update but returned normal in 3-4 days. Either because of repeated soft reset, or that Jupiter, Saturnus, and earth have disaligned..

Update: after 1 day, the heat and fast battery drain was back. So I tried other solution proposed in microsoft forum: Nokia lumia 920 overheat and battery issues resolved? 24 hours - Microsoft Community
Basically it is opening every app (including games) and allow location access in the app/game setting, where available, followed by a restart. It has been 3 days for me with excessive heat and fast battery drain gone.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo