059S0T3 Product Code - No Amber updates for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Connect your phone to PC using NSU. You should be able to see the product code along with other details on the bottom left position of the window.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I had a chat session again with a rep named 'Rekha', I feel sad but I have to use the word 'bumwipe' for her.
I will paste the whole chat conversation here.
I have replaced the sensitive information, appropriately.
I am really pissed at this kind of response as if I am a fool.

Rekha: Hi, my name is Rekha. Thank you for contacting Nokia Care Chat. How may I help
you?
Customer (12:23:21)
I have still not received Amber update for my 720, and I believe the replacement phone I received is for south africa, the
product code is linked to South Africa, not India
Rekha (12:23:42)
Surely, I'll help you with this concern.
Rekha (12:23:46)
Before this may I ask some details from you?
Full Name
City and State name
Contact Number
Customer (12:23:51)
My Name, Mumbai, xxxxxxxxxx
Rekha (12:24:21)
Thank you for the information.
Customer, as I understand that you are not getting the Amber update, am I correct?
Customer (12:24:30)
yes, says phone is up to date
Customer (12:25:02)
Kindly don't tell me its tied to the carrier, because I have an unlocked phone, also Amber was pushed 2 weeks ago
Rekha (12:25:39)
Customer, Amber update is rolled out for all the Nokia window 8 devices, but as you have purchased the device out of from
INDIA then kindly once contact your respective country support from the below link.
Way Finder - Nokia
Customer (12:25:51)
Did you even read, what I typed?
Rekha (12:26:09)
Yes.
Customer (12:26:31)
I have still not received Amber update for my 720, and I believe the ********replacement phone I received********* is for
south africa, the product code is linked to South Africa, not India
Customer (12:26:42)
could you read the part within the asteriks again?
Rekha (12:27:18)
That's why I am informing you to contact the respective country support.
Customer (12:27:32)
I had purchased the phone in India
Customer (12:27:38)
It had a manufacturing fault
Customer (12:27:43)
I was given a replacement phone
Customer (12:27:49)
and it seems it is linked to SA not India
Rekha (12:28:31)
Customer, from where you have got the replacement?
Customer (12:28:55)
Charni Road Nokia Care Centre, Harmony Audio
Rekha (12:29:58)
May I know the below address is correct?
Rekha (12:30:00)
Harmony Audio
Care Center, Recycling point Address: Anjali Bldg, Ground Floor, French Bridge, Opera House Junctions 400007, Mumbai,
Maharashtra, India
Customer (12:30:03)
Yes
Customer (12:30:28)
Do you want to know the product code of the phone, that is printed on the sim tray?
Rekha (12:30:49)
No, kindly provide me the previous device IMEI number.
Customer (12:31:00)
wait
Rekha (12:31:11)
Sure.
Rekha (12:32:24)
Ok.
Customer (12:34:08)
I am trying to look for the replacement letter I received when I was given the device, i cannot find it here, would the new IMEI
no. help you?
Rekha (12:35:41)
Do you have the bill?
Customer (12:36:14)
ok I found it
Customer (12:36:31)
Old IMEI No - xxxxxxxxx
Customer (12:36:48)
Do you want me to scan the letter?
Rekha (12:37:02)
No.
Rekha (12:37:05)
kindly wait.
Customer (12:37:06)
ok
Rekha (12:39:10)
Thank you for patience & staying on line.
Customer (12:39:26)
ok
Rekha (12:39:26)
Customer, kindly provide me the current device IMEI number.
Customer (12:39:44)
xxxxxxxxx
Rekha (12:40:15)
Kindly wait.
Customer (12:40:39)
ok
Rekha (12:43:05)
Thank you for patience & staying on line.
Customer (12:43:23)
ok
Rekha (12:43:27)
Customer, as I am checking there is not any issue the product code of your device.
Rekha (12:43:40)
The amber update which is not received for this kindly wait.
Customer (12:43:47)
How long exactly
Customer (12:43:50)
has been 2+ weeks
Rekha (12:43:58)
One by one notification will received in your device also.
Customer (12:44:12)
This is my product code - 059S0T3
Rekha (12:44:19)
I will forward the feedback to the team to make the availability as soon as possible.
Rekha (12:44:30)
Yes.
Rekha (12:44:47)
Officialy it is released. You can check from the below link. And if you are getting the update notification in the
Menu>Settings>Phone update then you can update from the WIFI.
Nokia Lumia 720 Support, Updates, Downloads and User Guides - Nokia - India
Customer (12:44:55)
Can you check which country's product code is " 059S0T3"?
Rekha (12:45:47)
No.
Customer (12:45:53)
huh?
Rekha (12:45:58)
And there is no any issue regarding this.
Customer (12:46:18)
Can you forward this complaint to your supervisor and give me the complaint/docket no.?
Rekha (12:46:23)
Amber update is available for all the Nokia Lumia Window 8 devices.
Customer (12:46:38)
Amber update is available for all the Nokia Lumia Window 8 devices. - Except mine.
Customer (12:46:55)
I have checked the update multiple times, and says my device is up to date
Rekha (12:47:09)
I can provide you the reference number only, I can not escalate any complain regarding this.
Customer (12:47:26)
Brilliant, I'll leave approproate feedback for the chat session, thanks for nothing.
Rekha (12:47:28)
Because update is not received yet.
Rekha (12:47:46)
That's why it is showing that device is up to date.
Customer (12:47:56)
Amber update is available for all the Nokia Lumia Window 8 devices.
Customer (12:47:59)
Because update is not received yet.
Rekha (12:48:00)
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Customer (12:48:08)
Nope, will give you a 0 rating, for sure.
You have disconnected. Thank you for chatting with Nokia Care Chat.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
LOL. Don't waste your time on these A-holes. They don't know anything. They don't even have a mind of their own and just keep repeating what they're taught like a parrot. Better Email Nokia here: Email us - Nokia - India

You'll get a response for sure and they are better representatives than chat support. Or use this Email ID to contact them: contactcentre.india@nokia.com

PS: Your product code doesn't belong to SA. It doesn't even belong to any country. Maybe to a parallel universe or the matrix. :grin:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
LOL. Don't waste your time on these A-holes. They don't know anything. They don't even have a mind of their own and just keep repeating what they're taught like a parrot. Better Email Nokia here: Email us - Nokia - India

You'll get a response for sure and they are better representatives than chat support. Or use this Email ID to contact them: contactcentre.india@nokia.com

PS: Your product code doesn't belong to SA. It doesn't even belong to any country. Maybe to a parallel universe or the matrix. :grin:

The most stupid part is,
The product code is not of india and IMEI is of india.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if IMEI series is based on a country or not but I've never seen a device so much effed up as yours. :grin:

Bah, my life is effed up atm, the phone can't ef up more than what I am into so am kinda okay dragging it.
Thinking to switch to 1020 so not sweating much about it atm.
Once I start sweating about it, the customer care I visit is gonna **** in their pants.

A friend of mine (who pursuaded me to buy a wp8) had no sound on his 720.
Visits Nokia care, they say will bost 800 bucks or $13.12 to fix it, center of motherboard had been water damaged (Contact with water).
Friend asked how can the center be contacted with water and not the rest of it as it is a unibody.
Rep says she is not sure but thats how it is, she took pictures of the motherboard just to be sure that my friend doesn't make some story in future.
Friend said he can live with it so pack the phone and give it back.
He receives the phone and powers it up, speaker is auto repaired, when asked rep how did this happen.
Rep "I don't know, it happens at times"
Friend "So you just want to charge me for opening and closing the phone?"
Rep "No sir, It happens at times"
Friend "What kind of siht is this?"

Friend did tell me he literally made the face of the rep chick as if she was going to cry, why not?
I mean the reason offered did not make any sense and the cleanup neither.

It all depends on
-How educated the rep is
-How willing is he/she to help you
-How much of a big Bumhole the care center owner is, many a times the care centre owner acts like a bumhole and passes the fault so his care center is not blamed
-Also the engineer who checks your phone (Sometimes reps cannot declare the outcome so they show it to some engineer, who at times just joined the center after being kicked out of school for smoking weed)

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
So far. The representatives I've talked to on Nokia Chat support had the exact same convo with me. Its like they've been taught a pattern. I've not witnessed a single person who was literate enough to understand what I was talking about. And calling Windows Phone 8, Windows 8 is enough to prove how much of an idi*t they're. But then again, a person having that amount of knowledge won't be working at a chat support or service centre anyway. :grin:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
So far. The representatives I've talked to on Nokia Chat support had the exact same convo with me. Its like they've been taught a pattern. I've not witnessed a single person who was literate enough to understand what I was talking about. And calling Windows Phone 8, Windows 8 is enough to prove how much of an idi*t they're. But then again, a person having that amount of knowledge won't be working at a chat support or service centre anyway. :grin:

True ;)
No wonder licensing laws are not so stern in India :D, if you know what I mean.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I really hope you ef the reps in nokia care. The most saddening thing is that, the reps give false reasons to the customers for minor issues in order to charge them money. This is only lowering respect for WP8.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I really hope you ef the reps in nokia care. The most saddening thing is that, the reps give false reasons to the customers for minor issues in order to charge them money. This is only lowering respect for WP8.

Depends, if its a guy or a chick on the other side :s.
I find it very tiring to visit the service centre (30 mins from my office), waiting there to hear some lame replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05