Again with battery Issue

Abhishek Belkar

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Today I charged my phone from 10% to 100% for 2hours and 15mins but estimated time shows 16 hours of battery remaining, normally it shows 1day and 1hour or 1day and 4hours ,
Is this normal..?

Michael John Sabido

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
That's normal. The estimated time isn't always accurate that's why it says 'estimated'. :) My 720 says the estimated time remaining is 16 hours, sometimes 18 hours but it usually reaches up to 2 days and 4 hours of use.

engineblock

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
You do get 2 days even with wifi on for about 20 hours. However, that happens only if you do not use any wifi requiring apps too much.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
How you got more than 2days of battery backup...??

I regularly get two days between recharges. It really does completely depend on how you use your phone, what background tasks you have enabled and what apps you use. Try reading one of the many, many threads about maximising battery time on this forum or in the wider internet world.

Abhishek Belkar

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I regularly get two days between recharges. It really does completely depend on how you use your phone, what background tasks you have enabled and what apps you use. Try reading one of the many, many threads about maximising battery time on this forum or in the wider internet world.

My usage is 2-3 hours of wifi for net surfing , whatsapp and battery app running on background, whatsapp for 15-20 mins, games for 15-30mins and calling 0-5mins daily. Sometmes saw youtube vdos for 20-30mins in hq. That's it. Battery life 20hours max with 8 -10hours idle mode in night. Battery saver is on when battery remaining <50.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Battery back up depends on how an individual uses his phone. Even if one sets the phone to maximize battery life, usage pattern will differ for from person to person.

Indeed that there has been a trade off in battery life. But its really not much. Before amber my phone would last almost 2 days with wifi, location turned on. Its now come down to just over a day. usage pattern is more or less the same but with the addition of always on mobile data and glance.

Glance takes a reasonable amount of power even if you set it on peek. The sensors are always on. You can see it in a dark room. But still battery lasting over a day with all bells and whistles enabled is much better than what other platforms have to offer which has lower battery performance even with higher capacity batteries.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely normal. Estimated time differs depending on what you're doing. Say if you have 90% remaining and on sleep, pick up the phone and check, it'll show you 1-2 days.
If you open Here maps for a while and then check again, even if you have 90% remaining it will say you have about 10+- hours.

Like mentioned earlier if you're on Amber glance and double tap takes away massive battery.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I always thought I had to be careful with my 920 since it does eat up alot of batteries sometimes, but after spinning my friends 5" 3000mah Android device for a while I have to say Nokia's battery is decent.

Michael John Sabido

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
How you got more than 2days of battery backup...??

I usually turn off some of the background tasks of apps which I rarely use. I also turn off the location setting, and cellular data when not in use. It all depends on how you use your phone and how you tweak the settings according to your preferences. I get two days of battery life even if I listen to my music and radio for several hours, play games, post status updates to Facebook every now and then, upload photos to 6tag, and even watch videos on myTube for hours. :)

Abhishek Belkar

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I usually turn off some of the background tasks of apps which I rarely use. I also turn off the location setting, and cellular data when not in use. It all depends on how you use your phone and how you tweak the settings according to your preferences. I get two days of battery life even if I listen to my music and radio for several hours, play games, post status updates to Facebook every now and then, upload photos to 6tag, and even watch videos on myTube for hours. :)
I don't use 2G or 3G net. Location and nfc are off. Glance and flip to silent are also off.Wifi on when needed. Whats wrong os my battery faulty??

Michael John Sabido

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't use 2G or 3G net. Location and nfc are off. Glance and flip to silent are also off.Wifi on when needed. Whats wrong os my battery faulty??

Well, maybe it is. They say WhatsApp drains battery quickly. I'm not sure though. Turn off some of your background tasks. You an also do a hard reset but it would definitely remove your installed apps. :(

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
WhatsApp eats battery for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I can also lose 10% battery when playing AB: Star Wars II for 15 minutes.. 6tag would also use some battery usage optimization (though I love it!) :)

edit: also the more people and groups you have pinned also takes more data/battery to update their tiles..

FxhXenon

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
i found out that data connection (always on) is the main culprit for the massive battery drain. u might want to turn it off if you're not using the phone (eg; sleeping)..

Abhishek Belkar

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
i found out that data connection (always on) is the main culprit for the massive battery drain. u might want to turn it off if you're not using the phone (eg; sleeping)..

I don't use data connection. WiFi is used when needed. At night all the connection are off. Phone on flight mode , battery saver is on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes