Micro SD-HC Class 10 supported in Lumia 720?

Siddharta Lahiri

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning to buy a 8GB memory card for my Lumia 720,but on the internet found that micro SD-HC Class 10 card are available.I couldn't find the compatibility list of handsets.Will my Lumia 720 support it?

Sonal Sinha

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is compatible. However class 10 is mostly requested and required for camera with high speed shots and not required for lumia 720. You are requested to purchase class 4 or 8.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank You very much,but in case I buy class 10,will it be a problem for me???

No. It will work fine. The speed class defines the maximum read/write times. ALL micro SDHC cards will be compatible with this phone no matter what class they are, but lower class cards may cause some lagging in certain operations (such as saving photos) and higher class cards simply won't be used to their maximum speeds.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Class 10 memory cards works just fine. I use a 32GB Sandisk Class 10 UHS memory card. Its much faster than my previous 8GB Class 4 memory card. You'll notice the immediate difference when loading music and playing videos. Loads much faster

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if classes on SD cards is the same as some 4 years ago. If they are, there is a simple way to look at it.

All classes above 2 is basically just tuned up class 2 cards. What that means is that the speed changes in ways you would expect.
Class 2 cards are fast on very tiny file transfers. So if pictures and stuff in smaller sizes are what you use, a lower class card is actually faster. If your streaming videos or doing large file transfers the speed of a higher class card is more efficient. I would say class 6 is a sweet spot, not above that. That's my assumption at least.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Class 6 should be more than enough. Although I'd recommend a faster class 10 memory card. HD Videos and songs load faster and file transfer (when copying content from PC to phone) is also noticeably faster. There's not much difference in price as well.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought a 16 GB class 10 SanDisk , first few hours was ok
then started telling me that there is a problem with my sd card
so i formatted it usin FAT32 (not quick format)
then it worked, then the problem again, and my phone freezes!!!! i formatted this time using NTFS , it was ok for a day, and then! Same problem! and the phone is only 8 gb of which u will have after installing apps a maximum of 1-2 gbs left! please Nokia and Microsoft! work this out
my 2 year old galaxy s2 never had such a problem! i bought my Lumia bcoz i wanted to try Windows phone experience, i LOVE the screen and the, viewing angles, but apps (whatsapp, viber,etc...) are SUPER SLOW! compared to my gs2! this is really unacceptable a 2013 phone slower than a 2011 phone.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
May I suggest using a different memory card and see if the problem persists? I use a Class 10 mem card which I formatted from the phone when new and has been working without a hitch ever since.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
May I suggest using a different memory card and see if the problem persists? I use a Class 10 mem card which I formatted from the phone when new and has been working without a hitch ever since.
what is the capacity of ur sd? thing is i dont wanna pay as much as i paid for the phone, tryin to find an sd card that would work!

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I use a Sandisk 32 GB class 10 UHS card. I'm sure you may have friends who use phones with memory card. Just borrow one and see if it works. Or you might as well check your card on someone else's phone and see if it works properly.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I use a Sandisk 32 GB class 10 UHS card. I'm sure you may have friends who use phones with memory card. Just borrow one and see if it works. Or you might as well check your card on someone else's phone and see if it works properly.
Thing is, my 16 gb card works flawlessly on my galaxy s2!
so im sure its not faulty in any way!
im considering lookin for a class 6 card , kinda confused, i wish guys at Nokia would actually solve this, or at least tel the truth instead of the Gimmicky up to 64 gb external storage support
coz i dont think im the onl one with this kind of problem

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i thought i should let u know
i bought this week a 32 gb sandisk class 4 sd instead of the problematic c16 gb class 10 and its been a week with no problems

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99