Hello..,
    I've been facing an issue with Internet connectivity on my Laptop using my mobile Data.Firstly I tried for a PC Suite & i ended up finding none.
    Then I tried Connecting using Internet Sharing.,but every time i do that my system shows that the connection is Limited.
    Could anyone please help me out here ..!!!

Thanks & regards,
    Nidhin.
    10-22-2013 09:40 AM
    Have you tried connecting the phone to another computer or connecting the computer to another network?
    10-22-2013 12:19 PM
    mention you network provider and area you are in.??
    10-22-2013 12:46 PM
    mention you network provider and area you are in.??
    Its Airtel & I'm from Hyderabad
    10-24-2013 04:25 AM
    Have you tried connecting the phone to another computer or connecting the computer to another network?
    No...,I couldn't try....but the fact is..i need it working on my laptop so as to access when Im travelling or away from home
    10-24-2013 04:28 AM
    If you are on 3G(H/H+) you need to have the correct APN settings to be able to share your data and if you are on 2G(Edge) it should be leaved as blank.

Question is whether your network require a special/additional plan to use Internet sharing or not? Another one is, have you managed to connect your Laptop before to a Wifi network without an issue?
    No...,I couldn't try....but the fact is..i need it working on my laptop so as to access when Im travelling or away from home
    10-24-2013 05:10 AM
    just talk to the cutomer care and get it verified that internet sharing is enabled on your number.and after that plug out the sim ,reinsert it, save new data setting and it should work...
    and keep in mind you need good network signal for internet sharing or it will give a error "no mobile data to share"
    10-24-2013 06:35 AM
    Try what DBDev has suggested.

If that doesnt help, assuming that internet connection is working fine on your phone, try the following and see if it works.

1. Enable mobile data connection on your phone. Enable Internet sharing. Connect your laptop to the phone's wifi. Wait for some time to see if the 'Limited Connectivity' disappears.
    2. Or try this work around. After connecting laptop to your mobile wifi, rite click on your phones broadcast id, select properties, goto security tab, then advanced settings, and enable the Federal information processing standard, save the setting, reboot your PC.
    3. If it doesnt, see if your laptop WLAN drivers are up to date and try again.

I use Airtel 3G, and i dont have any specific settings enabled by Airtel for data sharing. It works fine with my laptop. You can just check your APN settings once.
    APN-> airtelgprs.com, Username->blank, passoword->blank, proxy address->blank, proxy port->blank, Network type->IPv4, Authentication type->none.

Last edited by Rahul_Lumia_720; 10-24-2013 at 11:20 AM.
    10-24-2013 06:41 AM
    If you are on 3G(H/H+) you need to have the correct APN settings to be able to share your data and if you are on 2G(Edge) it should be leaved as blank.

Question is whether your network require a special/additional plan to use Internet sharing or not? Another one is, have you managed to connect your Laptop before to a Wifi network without an issue?
    yes i did bro... i've used data over WiFi ...its definately not the issue with my Lap. & I've connected internet on my BlackBerry using Internet sharing from Lumia 720
    10-25-2013 08:37 AM
    i tried as yu told enabling that Federal thing...still nothing has changed

If that doesnt help, assuming that internet connection is working fine on your phone, try the following and see if it works.

1. Enable mobile data connection on your phone. Enable Internet sharing. Connect your laptop to the phone's wifi. Wait for some time to see if the 'Limited Connectivity' disappears.
    2. Or try this work around. After connecting laptop to your mobile wifi, rite click on your phones broadcast id, select properties, goto security tab, then advanced settings, and enable the Federal information processing standard, save the setting, reboot your PC.

I use Airtel 3G, and i dont have any specific settings enabled by Airtel for data sharing. It works fine with my laptop. You can just check your APN settings once.
    APN-> airtelgprs.com, Username->blank, passoword->blank, proxy address->blank, proxy port->blank, Network type->IPv4, Authentication type->none.
    Attached Thumbnails untitled.jpg   untitled2.jpg  
    10-25-2013 08:48 AM
    Do u have any firewall enabled? Try disabling that and see if it works.
    i tried as yu told enabling that Federal thing...still nothing has changed
    10-25-2013 09:04 AM
    No mate.....there is no issue with Firewall settings :(
    Do u have any firewall enabled? Try disabling that and see if it works.
    10-25-2013 09:09 AM
    hmm...i couldnt think of any other solution. may be some other members might help.
    you can also try to search for how to fix limited connectivity on internet and try if you find something. It may not be specific to Lumia, but might help. Good luck!
    10-25-2013 10:02 AM

Got mine working with the federal thingy then restart... I don't really know why though... using Nokia Lumia 920
    02-28-2014 05:49 AM
    I have the same problem.if you found any solution pls let me know .i am very frustrated about this matter.u I have tried all but no solution.pls pls pls I have urgent need to share my internet to my pc .pls help me anyone .my email id is azam20104u@gmail.com
    05-15-2014 08:17 AM
    Hello I recently bought Lumia 525. When I share internet it works pefectly with windows 7
    operaring system. But when I connect to windows 8 pc it says "limited" and no internet access.
    plz suggest sone solutions. Its really irritating me because I got after selling my c2-01 which would connect easily
    05-23-2014 09:43 AM
    Hi,
    I'm also having same problem.. when i connect my phone using internet sharing its shows the wifi is disabled.. pls help...
    06-03-2014 10:04 PM