Unable To connect Internet on my Laptop from my Lumia 720 using Internet sharing

Nidhin Krishna

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello..,
I've been facing an issue with Internet connectivity on my Laptop using my mobile Data.Firstly I tried for a PC Suite & i ended up finding none.
Then I tried Connecting using Internet Sharing.,but every time i do that my system shows that the connection is Limited.
Could anyone please help me out here ..!!!

Thanks & regards,
Nidhin.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
If you are on 3G(H/H+) you need to have the correct APN settings to be able to share your data and if you are on 2G(Edge) it should be leaved as blank.

Question is whether your network require a special/additional plan to use Internet sharing or not? Another one is, have you managed to connect your Laptop before to a Wifi network without an issue?
No...,I couldn't try....but the fact is..i need it working on my laptop so as to access when Im travelling or away from home

KUMAR MAYANK VIPAL

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
just talk to the cutomer care and get it verified that internet sharing is enabled on your number.and after that plug out the sim ,reinsert it, save new data setting and it should work...
and keep in mind you need good network signal for internet sharing or it will give a error "no mobile data to share"

Rahul_Lumia_720

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Try what DBDev has suggested.

Have you tried connecting the phone to another computer or connecting the computer to another network?

If that doesnt help, assuming that internet connection is working fine on your phone, try the following and see if it works.

1. Enable mobile data connection on your phone. Enable Internet sharing. Connect your laptop to the phone's wifi. Wait for some time to see if the 'Limited Connectivity' disappears.
2. Or try this work around. After connecting laptop to your mobile wifi, rite click on your phones broadcast id, select properties, goto security tab, then advanced settings, and enable the Federal information processing standard, save the setting, reboot your PC.
3. If it doesnt, see if your laptop WLAN drivers are up to date and try again.

I use Airtel 3G, and i dont have any specific settings enabled by Airtel for data sharing. It works fine with my laptop. You can just check your APN settings once.
APN-> airtelgprs.com, Username->blank, passoword->blank, proxy address->blank, proxy port->blank, Network type->IPv4, Authentication type->none.

No...,I couldn't try....but the fact is..i need it working on my laptop so as to access when Im travelling or away from home

Last edited:

Nidhin Krishna

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
If you are on 3G(H/H+) you need to have the correct APN settings to be able to share your data and if you are on 2G(Edge) it should be leaved as blank.

Question is whether your network require a special/additional plan to use Internet sharing or not? Another one is, have you managed to connect your Laptop before to a Wifi network without an issue?

yes i did bro... i've used data over WiFi ...its definately not the issue with my Lap. & I've connected internet on my BlackBerry using Internet sharing from Lumia 720

Nidhin Krishna

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
i tried as yu told enabling that Federal thing...still nothing has changed:unhappy:

If that doesnt help, assuming that internet connection is working fine on your phone, try the following and see if it works.

1. Enable mobile data connection on your phone. Enable Internet sharing. Connect your laptop to the phone's wifi. Wait for some time to see if the 'Limited Connectivity' disappears.
2. Or try this work around. After connecting laptop to your mobile wifi, rite click on your phones broadcast id, select properties, goto security tab, then advanced settings, and enable the Federal information processing standard, save the setting, reboot your PC.

I use Airtel 3G, and i dont have any specific settings enabled by Airtel for data sharing. It works fine with my laptop. You can just check your APN settings once.
APN-> airtelgprs.com, Username->blank, passoword->blank, proxy address->blank, proxy port->blank, Network type->IPv4, Authentication type->none.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 1

Rahul_Lumia_720

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
hmm...i couldnt think of any other solution. may be some other members might help.
you can also try to search for how to fix limited connectivity on internet and try if you find something. It may not be specific to Lumia, but might help. Good luck!

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Got mine working with the federal thingy then restart... I don't really know why though... using Nokia Lumia 920

AZAM AMIR REZA

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem.if you found any solution pls let me know .i am very frustrated about this matter.u I have tried all but no solution.pls pls pls I have urgent need to share my internet to my pc .pls help me anyone .my email id is azam20104u@gmail.com

sanjivaraddi patil

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello I recently bought Lumia 525. When I share internet it works pefectly with windows 7
operaring system. But when I connect to windows 8 pc it says "limited" and no internet access.
plz suggest sone solutions. Its really irritating me because I got after selling my c2-01 which would connect easily

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes