Is side loading possible???

nitiny8

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Friends,

Just like the link below elucidating the side loading of Pro Cam and Smart Cam in not so compatible devices.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...pp-your-lumia-520-620-625-720-820-device.html

Can Here City Lens and Transit be side loaded the same way???
My gripe is earlier Here City Lens and Transit were there on my L720 but post Amber same is showing as “Not compatible” in Store.
Even Nokia India site says that Here City Lens and Transit is not available on L720 & 520 under “Support” tab
HERE City Lens Support, Updates, Downloads and User Guides - Nokia - India

Any work around?

Regards,

NY

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think side loading is necessary for the above apps. I installed Here Transit on 22nd without a hitch. Have been using Here City Lens from day 1. I'm on GDR 3 so I doubt if its really related to Amber. Get in touch with the Windows Support Team. It might help.

Rahul_Lumia_720

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
You sure? I have city lens post amber too and installed Here Transit recently. Both work fine on my phone.
Only HERE app that is not available for download yet in India is Here Explore!

nitiny8

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Gaurav.....

My cell encountered a fall few weeks back....and post having my shattered screen changed Here City stopped ...I used to make a loop of 8 for compass orientation but it did not work.
Now post Amber when i tried to install Here Transit, its saying not available, even the link HERE City Lens Support, Updates, Downloads and User Guides - Nokia - India says this is not available for India for 720, 520.

I am really frowning, specially after using City Lens before on my L720.....
Changing the "Region" to US too did not made City Lens available...

Any other way?

by the way which Windows Support you referring....Nokia Service station or any other point of contact?

Thanks again

nitiny8

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Gaurav.....

My cell encountered a fall few weeks back....and post having my shattered screen changed Here City stopped ...I used to make a loop of 8 for compass orientation but it did not work.
Now post Amber when i tried to install Here Transit, its saying not available, even the link HERE City Lens Support, Updates, Downloads and User Guides - Nokia - India says this is not available for India for 720, 520.

I am really frowning, specially after using City Lens before on my L720.....
Changing the "Region" to US too did not made City Lens available...

Any other way?

by the way which Windows Support you referring....Nokia Service station or any other point of contact?

Thanks again

I don't think side loading is necessary for the above apps. I installed Here Transit on 22nd without a hitch. Have been using Here City Lens from day 1. I'm on GDR 3 so I doubt if its really related to Amber. Get in touch with the Windows Support Team. It might help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos