Average Battery Discharge rate of your Lumia 720?

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello,My lumia 720 battery drains at the rate of nearly 4% and hour,is this normal???

1-I have 2G data connection always on.
2-Only whatsapp and the battery Pro+ app runs in the background and nothing else
3-BLuetooth/NFC/WI-FI/3G are off always(mostly)
4-I rarely use Maps so have disbaled its background task too.
5-I havent signed in to xbox music or xbox games.

Its been 2 months using this phone and initially i used to get a discharge rate of ~2%.Plz tell if anything is wrong with my Phone.:asleep:

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure, but I don't think it sounds pretty normal.

actually it varies,i just now unistalled a battery app which used to show average rate of discharge to be around 2.58%/hr but again sometimes it reaches 4 and then falls to 3%, Although with normal use I get a backup of around 40+ hours if i use it for some music,browsing and whatsapp.One more thing,it happend only once that i had discharged my phone below 10%,should i do it and then again put on charge???

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello,My lumia 720 battery drains at the rate of nearly 4% and hour,is this normal???

1-I have 2G data connection always on.
2-Only whatsapp and the battery Pro+ app runs in the background and nothing else
3-BLuetooth/NFC/WI-FI/3G are off always(mostly)
4-I rarely use Maps so have disbaled its background task too.
5-I havent signed in to xbox music or xbox games.

Its been 2 months using this phone and initially i used to get a discharge rate of ~2%.Plz tell if anything is wrong with my Phone.:asleep:

Sounds rather high to me. My current discharge rate is 0.8% and my average is 1.9%. 3G or WiFi always on and running in the background are:
Amazing Weather HD
Battery Performance
Battery Status
Birthdays Diary
CNN
Currency
Custom Tiles Maker
Here Drive
Simple Calendar
WhatsApp and finally
WPCentral.

So, no complaints here.

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Sounds rather high to me. My current discharge rate is 0.8% and my average is 1.9%. 3G or WiFi always on and running in the background are:
Amazing Weather HD
Battery Performance
Battery Status
Birthdays Diary
CNN
Currency
Custom Tiles Maker
Here Drive
Simple Calendar
WhatsApp and finally
WPCentral.

So, no complaints here.

So what should I do??? As I said,i manage to get approx 2 days of normal usage but after reading ur post above,i feel there is smthng wrong with my battery :-\

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
When I surfing internet over wifi , discharging rate is 13-16% per hour .....��

I think in my case,the phone is not reading the battery properly as i last charged the phone at 4:30 and at 6 pm it showed a discharge rate of 4 % but right now the batter is at 90%,so there is smthng wrong because the rate is still 4%.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I guess I should make it clear that the readings are approx values. No matter which software you use, the values are never 100% accurate. And again the battery lasts as you said is ~2 days. What more do you want? Its a smart phone. Some fruity phone discharge in nano seconds. So unless you are allergic to charge your phone, you should stop crying about it. Also no two person's phone usage are the same. So battery back up will differ.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Or maybe jewel case it and place it in a museum. A guy posted in the forum sometime back that with all functions disabled, the phone lasts ~14 days. Could try that :winktongue:

Vinod V

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
One day suddenly saw such a behavior in Lumia 720, fully charged at arount 11 P.M. showed 20% charge at 8 A.M. next day. The data connection and Wifi were off when this happened. After all it is a Windows OS and first thing which came to my mind is to switch off and switch on and to my surprise the phone started working fine after that. Please try the same, there might be some app which is causing this battery drain.
This link provides some tips for saving the battery. Questions and Answers - Nokia Lumia 720 - My Lumia phone's battery drains out fast

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
By battery back up after I did a hard reset yesterday. Need to mention that all previously installed app are installed. Also noticed that the phone is now running on GDR2+Amber. I had updated to GDR3 Preview. Had did the reset using NSU.

wp_ss_20131126_0001.png

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
my 720 discharge rate : 3 hours = 1%
no background task
data connection off
battery saver

I just turn on data connection/wifi when I needed

Abhishek Belkar

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
For me at night 1am, I charged my phone 100%. In night all the connections are off. Flight mode on. Battery saver off. Glance off. In morning , at 10am battery is remaining 96% . It is my replacement phone. Earlier one not having same issue��

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
For me at night 1am, I charged my phone 100%. In night all the connections are off. Flight mode on. Battery saver off. Glance off. In morning , at 10am battery is remaining 96% . It is my replacement phone. Earlier one not having same issue��

So in about 10 hours, you phone discharged 4%. If you expect it to remain at 100% then I suggest you to attach a mini nuclear power plant to you phone and enjoy an eternity of battery backup.

barcafan

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
battery drainage depends on the usage.... and even though battery level shows two days or more.. it may not last that much ....
on 2g net connection with apps like whatsapp, insider pro..etc... the phone is lasting ~2days... thats wonderful when compared to many other smarphones... so dont complain.. just enjoy the life you have got...:love:

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
ROFLMFAO !!! Actually Gaurav even I was fed up with the discharge rate problems but later got to know that some apps take alot of battery after being updated, so you see the solution is simple. You have to turn the data off and on.
So in about 10 hours, you phone discharged 4%. If you expect it to remain at 100% then I suggest you to attach a mini nuclear power plant to you phone and enjoy an eternity of battery backup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte