07-20-2014 09:15 PM
26 12
tools
    Hello,My lumia 720 battery drains at the rate of nearly 4% and hour,is this normal???

1-I have 2G data connection always on.
    2-Only whatsapp and the battery Pro+ app runs in the background and nothing else
    3-BLuetooth/NFC/WI-FI/3G are off always(mostly)
    4-I rarely use Maps so have disbaled its background task too.
    5-I havent signed in to xbox music or xbox games.

Its been 2 months using this phone and initially i used to get a discharge rate of ~2%.Plz tell if anything is wrong with my Phone.
    11-19-2013 10:54 AM
    I'm not sure, but I don't think it sounds pretty normal.
    11-19-2013 10:57 AM
    I'm not sure, but I don't think it sounds pretty normal.
    actually it varies,i just now unistalled a battery app which used to show average rate of discharge to be around 2.58%/hr but again sometimes it reaches 4 and then falls to 3%, Although with normal use I get a backup of around 40+ hours if i use it for some music,browsing and whatsapp.One more thing,it happend only once that i had discharged my phone below 10%,should i do it and then again put on charge???
    11-19-2013 11:02 AM
    Hello,My lumia 720 battery drains at the rate of nearly 4% and hour,is this normal???

1-I have 2G data connection always on.
    2-Only whatsapp and the battery Pro+ app runs in the background and nothing else
    3-BLuetooth/NFC/WI-FI/3G are off always(mostly)
    4-I rarely use Maps so have disbaled its background task too.
    5-I havent signed in to xbox music or xbox games.

Its been 2 months using this phone and initially i used to get a discharge rate of ~2%.Plz tell if anything is wrong with my Phone.
    Sounds rather high to me. My current discharge rate is 0.8% and my average is 1.9%. 3G or WiFi always on and running in the background are:
    Amazing Weather HD
    Battery Performance
    Battery Status
    Birthdays Diary
    CNN
    Currency
    Custom Tiles Maker
    Here Drive
    Simple Calendar
    WhatsApp and finally
    WPCentral.

So, no complaints here.
    11-19-2013 11:08 AM
    Sounds rather high to me. My current discharge rate is 0.8% and my average is 1.9%. 3G or WiFi always on and running in the background are:
    Amazing Weather HD
    Battery Performance
    Battery Status
    Birthdays Diary
    CNN
    Currency
    Custom Tiles Maker
    Here Drive
    Simple Calendar
    WhatsApp and finally
    WPCentral.

So, no complaints here.
    So what should I do??? As I said,i manage to get approx 2 days of normal usage but after reading ur post above,i feel there is smthng wrong with my battery :-\
    11-19-2013 11:14 AM
    When I surfing internet over wifi , discharging rate is 13-16% per hour .....
    11-19-2013 12:16 PM
    When I surfing internet over wifi , discharging rate is 13-16% per hour .....��
    I think in my case,the phone is not reading the battery properly as i last charged the phone at 4:30 and at 6 pm it showed a discharge rate of 4 % but right now the batter is at 90%,so there is smthng wrong because the rate is still 4%.
    11-19-2013 12:39 PM
    I guess I should make it clear that the readings are approx values. No matter which software you use, the values are never 100% accurate. And again the battery lasts as you said is ~2 days. What more do you want? Its a smart phone. Some fruity phone discharge in nano seconds. So unless you are allergic to charge your phone, you should stop crying about it. Also no two person's phone usage are the same. So battery back up will differ.
    11-19-2013 01:11 PM
    I think what you will find here is that, the discharge rate varies alot. Try putting your phone in aeroplane mode and see ! :P
    Gaurav Paul likes this.
    11-19-2013 10:02 PM
    Or maybe jewel case it and place it in a museum. A guy posted in the forum sometime back that with all functions disabled, the phone lasts ~14 days. Could try that
    EpicIncognitO likes this.
    11-19-2013 11:03 PM
    Or maybe jewel case it and place it in a museum. A guy posted in the forum sometime back that with all functions disabled, the phone lasts ~14 days. Could try that
    Yup gonna try this tip [WARN][WARN][/WARN][/WARN]
    Gaurav Paul likes this.
    11-20-2013 01:14 AM
    One day suddenly saw such a behavior in Lumia 720, fully charged at arount 11 P.M. showed 20% charge at 8 A.M. next day. The data connection and Wifi were off when this happened. After all it is a Windows OS and first thing which came to my mind is to switch off and switch on and to my surprise the phone started working fine after that. Please try the same, there might be some app which is causing this battery drain.
    This link provides some tips for saving the battery. Questions and Answers - Nokia Lumia 720 - My Lumia phone's battery drains out fast
    Anonymous_India likes this.
    11-26-2013 12:03 AM
    By battery back up after I did a hard reset yesterday. Need to mention that all previously installed app are installed. Also noticed that the phone is now running on GDR2+Amber. I had updated to GDR3 Preview. Had did the reset using NSU.

wp_ss_20131126_0001.png
    11-26-2013 01:29 AM
    my 720 discharge rate : 3 hours = 1%
    no background task
    data connection off
    battery saver

I just turn on data connection/wifi when I needed
    11-26-2013 01:44 AM
    For me at night 1am, I charged my phone 100%. In night all the connections are off. Flight mode on. Battery saver off. Glance off. In morning , at 10am battery is remaining 96% . It is my replacement phone. Earlier one not having same issue
    11-26-2013 04:16 AM
    For me at night 1am, I charged my phone 100%. In night all the connections are off. Flight mode on. Battery saver off. Glance off. In morning , at 10am battery is remaining 96% . It is my replacement phone. Earlier one not having same issue��
    So in about 10 hours, you phone discharged 4%. If you expect it to remain at 100% then I suggest you to attach a mini nuclear power plant to you phone and enjoy an eternity of battery backup.
    11-26-2013 05:12 AM
    But my old phone has ~1% discharge. (old phone means the phone before got replacement)
    11-26-2013 06:40 AM
    But my old phone has ~1% discharge. (old phone means the phone before got replacement)
    Deal with it. You already have an amazing back up as you said. Unless you are allergic to charge your phone.
    11-26-2013 12:09 PM
    battery drainage depends on the usage.... and even though battery level shows two days or more.. it may not last that much ....
    on 2g net connection with apps like whatsapp, insider pro..etc... the phone is lasting ~2days... thats wonderful when compared to many other smarphones... so dont complain.. just enjoy the life you have got...
    11-26-2013 09:39 PM
    ROFLMFAO !!! Actually Gaurav even I was fed up with the discharge rate problems but later got to know that some apps take alot of battery after being updated, so you see the solution is simple. You have to turn the data off and on.
    So in about 10 hours, you phone discharged 4%. If you expect it to remain at 100% then I suggest you to attach a mini nuclear power plant to you phone and enjoy an eternity of battery backup.
    11-27-2013 02:24 AM
    Can't help it though can you? If I'm careful I can stretch by battery back up to just over 2 days. But what's the point of conserving the battery to a point that one is not able to use his smartphone the way it was intended to be used.

I keep data, wifi and location turned on at all times and bluetooth when necessary. I don't mind charging my phone for 2-3 hrs every alternate day.

Even so if somebody tells me 1.5 days of battery back up is not enough, I can comfort myself saying "There are some FRUITY Phones and some EDIBLE Phones(Kitkat, Jelly bean if you don't get it) which like making love to the charger
    11-27-2013 03:16 AM
    Hahahaha good point. Yep.
    Can't help it though can you? If I'm careful I can stretch by battery back up to just over 2 days. But what's the point of conserving the battery to a point that one is not able to use his smartphone the way it was intended to be used.

I keep data, wifi and location turned on at all times and bluetooth when necessary. I don't mind charging my phone for 2-3 hrs every alternate day.

Even so if somebody tells me 1.5 days of battery back up is not enough, I can comfort myself saying "There are some FRUITY Phones and some EDIBLE Phones(Kitkat, Jelly bean if you don't get it) which like making love to the charger
    Gaurav Paul and ali_pandeyan like this.
    11-27-2013 08:29 AM
    I am struggling to get anything below 2- 2.2. For instance, when I go to sleep, I turn on the battery saver and close everything, and it only loses 1-2 percent. However, it drops dramatically when I browse or play games. %7 in 20 minutes in some games. Or, the other day, I have charged it, and until the next charge, my activity was something like this :1.5 hours of talking, 1 hour of gaming, frequently checking fb for 30 seconds or so, and 30 minutes of tune in radio and browsing the web. It lasted 36 hours. Does this seem normal? Because it seems pretty low compared to the most 720 reviews out there.

(brightness always low, by the way)
    12-12-2013 01:53 PM
    Yes its pretty normal. Real world usage always varies. So deal with it.
    12-12-2013 11:17 PM
    well.. i bought lumia 720 five days back.
    The First day battery lasted well ,and it showed 2 days remaining for next charge.
    But I charged my mobile the next day morning .
    The next day I got my Simcard activated, so I started using Mobile data...From that day my mobile battery started draining like anything.
    I accept that used so much of mobile data the second day. I used 2G data , Phone calls, Browsing, Downloaded apps., video streaming, Skype, Viber.
    today is the fifth day,... now my battery lasts only 10 hours after charging 100 %
    Background data is On only for BATTERY and WEATHER app.
    how to increase the efficiency my mobile's battery ?
    Please help .

* I did initial charging for my mobile only for 3 hours ,. is that one relating to this issue?
    * does battery gets affected if i charge my mobile frequently ?
    * Any guesses on how long a lumia 720 battery can last when 2 g data ON all the time( 3G OFF, Wifi off,Blutooth off, Background data OFF for most of the apps.)

Thanks in Advance
    12-14-2013 01:02 AM
26 12