Wifi problem in my lumia 720

mallured

May 28, 2013
Visit site
So, my phone connects to wifi without any problem. But when I try to use internet on it, may it be internet explorer or any other app, there seems to be little or no connection to the internet. I thought it may have been a problem with my wifi modem, so I did a reset on it, then I did a hard reset on my phone. But the problem persists.

I checked the wifi conncetion with my brother's phone, and it works without any problem.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Just for the record, when you are connected to the wifi, are you able to open and view items on store? or maybe receive messages in whatsapp?

gurukarthikeyan1977

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
lumia 720 connects to wifi router. Able to connect and access the router settings.
But it does not connect to internet, mails or store.
Modem reset (not restart) solved it a couple of times, but this keeps happening regularly. While my other devices are connected and working fine, the problem is only with Lumia 720.
Recently updated with BLACK. After the update the phone restarted, the wifi problem is not even corrected with modem reset.

immediately when the phone is connected to wifi, the IP shown is 169.254.103.9 and the DNS and gateway are 0.0.0.0. Later the correct IP shows up. Could this be the cause.

Any suggestions to correct this?

Last edited:

MD IRSHAD ALAM

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I also did my Lumia 720 black updates and after that I could see that wifi is not working properly.
Every time I need to reconnect to WiFi Hot-spot but after sometime any browsing is not happening.
Same time I checked in other devices and working fine so WIFI modem problem is not there.

DGChaos

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. It started working for while, and died again. The phone connects to the Wifi hotspot but doesn't seem to be able to download anything.

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I still have the problem where after the screen locks out, the phone disconnects wifi (keep wifi on whenn screen times oit being checked), after i open the lock screen and go into whatsapp, i get all the pending messages together :\ Modem reset or the wpa2 thing also doesnt help !

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
On the same page as you guys, tried changing channel of wifi didn't help, tried security settings didn't work..restarted router did a soft reset of my phone NOTHING has helped till now.
YES already ticked keep wi-fi on when screen locked. Anyone with ANY solution please tell. NO don't feel like hard resetting phone yet.
Keeps losing connection phone shows it is connected to wi-fi but still net wont work can access the router settings but still no net. MAC address filtering is disabled.

Roger Mike

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
after updating my lumia 720 to 8.1 my phone was working fine. two days ago i got the same issue weak signal reception, wifi (no internet access)..
so what i did, i simply backed up my msgs only and soft reset my phone after that i install all the apps manually received all the updates of phone like glance network etc.
and now phone i s working awsome.
i suggest you to soft reset but don't install any app through backup. just try clean install once.
and best of luck!

KIRAN MORAIS

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
internet problem in my lumia 720

my phone is getting connected to internet through wifi and mobile data..... also a small arrow mark appears.....
but when i open my explorer i cannot connect....... and i cannot connect to store......
but i can only recieve messages in whatsapp.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb