My experience with Lumia 720 (first 2 weeks)

kammiya

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I've recently bought a Nokia Lumia device (720). Some time ago I got robbed my Samsung galaxy phone which I absolutely loved, so when I decided to buy a new phone as much as I loved my old one, I decided I wanted to try another brand. I chose the Lumia phone because of the completely different approach this OS has, it is more minimalistic and the design is really nice. I did my research about the pros and cons of the device and OS, so I knew of the shortcomings it had but I decided to put that aside and try it on my own. Now that I've had this phone for a while I can say that, as much as I want to love it I'm more like meh, not because the phone is bad (although I don't know why the phone sometimes reboot on its own and sometimes it shuts down too) but because it lacks some things that are a must have in every phone (or at least that's what I think)
The first thing that I noticed it's that it doesn't have sound profiles, so if I want to change quickly from low sound to medium I have to use the volume buttons and I have to press it like 10 times to get it to the volume I need.
Also another thing is data count, I know that this feature comes with GDR2, but in my country it seems like it's going to take a while and I've recently read that it depends on the carrier? :S so maybe I won't get Data Sense at all, I understand that Data Sense will be a feature integrated on all the new devices but what I don't understand why they don't let third party apps like Onavo and let the user decide which works best.
Another thing I think they could improve is that it should be possible to create shortcuts of some of the configurations. I know some third party apps let you do that, but what they do really is redirect you to the config page, the button on the 'frontpage' should be interactive (I don't know how to explain it) so that you can change the configuration with just one touch.
I'm planning to stay with the Lumia for some time, I know that a little by little there will be improvement in the OS. I just hope is sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
GDR2 (AMBER) fix the resets and others problems, you buy the 720 with carrier ? Because its a shame they won't release amber till today o.o you can update to amber with a Nokia program(forgot the name :p) but I dk if work with your phone carrier... And yeah they need to add some things, time to the time :p if you want to download the volume fast just keep press the down or up volume key
Hope you enjoy your new 720! I love my white 720♡

Sent from my RM-885_lta_lta_307 using Tapatalk

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I think yes there are a few things that are most needed in the OS right now. File manager, Profiles, Video Sharing and downloading to save are missing but I think this will come soon. The most important thing I have found is that the OS makes me forget all of this.

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you on all the thing . I am trying to love my phone too (820) but I can't . Hope Microsoft give to users some freedom.

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

kammiya

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
hi Jonathanmr7,
thanks for replying!! Yes, I bought the phone with a carrier but they still won't realease GDR2 for any Lumia device...it's really a shame bacuse I've seen that almost every country has realeased the update.
I've read also about 'forcing' the update with Nokia Care suite but I think once you do that it breaks the guarantee.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
hi Jonathanmr7,

thanks for replying!! Yes, I bought the phone with a carrier but they still won't realease GDR2 for any Lumia device...it's really a shame bacuse I've seen that almost every country has realeased the update.

I've read also about 'forcing' the update with Nokia Care suite but I think once you do that it breaks the guarantee.

which country?

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos