Volume Key not responding Lumia 720

abhilash khajuria

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
This is really frustrating...volume key some times not respond..than i have to restart my phone. I went to nokia care they do some resetting, now problem occurs again. Every time i have to restart this ..Some one please help

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You've already taken it Nokia Care. I suggest taking it back to them and telling them it's a faulty phone and you want a replacement.

No one here will be able to offer any advice really with that kind of issue other than what has been done.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
the Bug appears for some songs only.. If that song is over, the Phone will start reacting to volume changes :)
if it is not, then try Stop Music..

I have to add a point that the bug was related to Nokia Music. but in my phone now, I dont have Nokia Music or Radio Mix and still have the bug appear randomly. It indicates the issue is within OS.
I had a strange situation once, which was not even responded well..http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/243552-strange-music-player-controls.html

kr_prashant

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
The same Problem is with My Lumia 720 and only the Vol Down key does not respond some time... Many times...
I went Nokia Care and they checked and found VOLUME FLEX as faulty, I ordered for the same and waiting for their call.
Hope this will resolve my issue and as Phone is under warranty, no charge will be there.... :eek:rly:

Slim2912

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
It is observed by many users and myself also that if you use different music players to listen to songs, this issue of unresponsive volume keys arises. I had musixmatch, default music player and nokia music and all could play songs. so uninstalled musixmatch and stopped using nokia music for playing songs. Did a soft reset and just using default player since then. Didn't face the issue after that.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
It is observed by many users and myself also that if you use different music players to listen to songs, this issue of unresponsive volume keys arises. I had musixmatch, default music player and nokia music and all could play songs. so uninstalled musixmatch and stopped using nokia music for playing songs. Did a soft reset and just using default player since then. Didn't face the issue after that.

You dont have WhatsApp??

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
It has something to do with DRM. For now, there are two solutions,

1) Restart phone

2) Play a song, not downloaded using Nokia Mix Radio. The volume controls works.

At this point I should also mention that I listen to Offline mixes during my daily commute. I never face this issue while playing the mixes. Only when playing certain downloaded songs.

adisharma054

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
It has something to do with DRM. For now, there are two solutions,

1) Restart phone

2) Play a song, not downloaded using Nokia Mix Radio. The volume controls works.

At this point I should also mention that I listen to Offline mixes during my daily commute. I never face this issue while playing the mixes. Only when playing certain downloaded songs.

I too faced the same problem, & that the only solution I see.. But I had faced the problem only with LP's album Recharged with I had downloaded from Nokia Music.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720