touch responding very less or abruptly ......have gdr3 preview....will they fix it under warranty?

paras chugh

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
yesterday night my phone's(lumia 720) touch stopped responding properly and would register touches auomaically......i could not even type the passcode and it would start typing the pass code with numbers 456 automatically and sometimes swipe to kids corner so i decide to hard reset it but that also did not solve the problem.....i thought maybe the gdr3 preview was causing the problem but i cant uninstall it after hard reset also......and i also took my matte screen guard off if that was casing any problems and then wiped the screen with 2-3 drops of soap water and kept it on the window for half an hour.....that stopped the screen from responding automativally but now it hardly responds........please help what should i do?
EDIT: and now its back to registering touch automatically without doing anything ;(

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Bad luck mate, try hard resetting your phone, if you have already tried and its still not working i fear there is nothing you can do until Nokia releases black as this has already void your warranty. Maybe you should try letting the battery go off and then may be try
yesterday night my phone's(lumia 720) touch stopped responding properly and would register touches automatically......i could not even type the passcode and it would start typing the pass code with numbers 456 automatically and sometimes swipe to kids corner so i decide to hard reset it but that also did not solve the problem.....i thought maybe the gdr3 preview was causing the problem but i cant uninstall it after hard reset also......and i also took my matte screen guard off if that was casing any problems and then wiped the screen with 2-3 drops of soap water and kept it on the window for half an hour.....that stopped the screen from responding automativally but now it hardly responds........please help what should i do?
EDIT: and now its back to registering touch automatically without doing anything ;(

big kloppa

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
You could try the above method as it should download the correct GDR2 firmware but as your on GDR3 , it might not.

Or better still, try Nokia Care Suite and find your relevant firmware file online. You should be able to locate the correct firmware on forums provided you have the product code for the phone which you will find printed under your sim tray. If you need help, just ask again. Best of luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans