Vignetting(dark spot at the corner of the camera) on lumia 720

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I own Lumia 720 and I love it.
I love the camera and I take many picture with it.

But recently I notice there's vignetting on the camera.
For who doesn't know about vignetting, vignetting is a dark/shadow spot at the corner at the camera. For more info check wikipedia
vignetting.jpgth2OJDKD1D.jpgWP_20131203_09_16_02_Pro.jpg

I don't know what is it cause but I think that's because low 720 f/1.9 aperture. I read many article talking about low aperture will cause vignetting.

I just want to know if there is any solution about this?
I just found about fix it using photoshop software, do crop, etc.
Is there any way to fix it by hardware(fix the lens) using any software or something?
Anyone had some problem with this?

I doubt the warranty will cover this.

I know that is just a little now and hard to see it but I notice it become bigger and bigger. More I take picture, more bigger the vignetting and it annoys me.
I just want to prevent it before it getting worse.

Thank you.

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a Lumia 720 too, and it's a shame to hear that you have such a problem because the camera on the 720 is so great. I don't have this problem on my 720, so I don't know exactly what is causing this problem, but I suspect it's a hardware issue, and that the phone casing (that holds the camera lens and hole) is loose. This makes it further from the camera sensor and hence blocking the edges of the shot. To check if this is really the problem, press the back of the phone in and take a photo and see if the vignette is reduced. Also you can try switching to 16:9/4:3 capture mode and see if the vignettes are the same on both aspect ratios or slightly different. In any case, this is definitely a defect and should be covered under warranty. Good luck!

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a Lumia 720 too, and it's a shame to hear that you have such a problem because the camera on the 720 is so great. I don't have this problem on my 720, so I don't know exactly what is causing this problem, but I suspect it's a hardware issue, and that the phone casing (that holds the camera lens and hole) is loose. This makes it further from the camera sensor and hence blocking the edges of the shot. To check if this is really the problem, press the back of the phone in and take a photo and see if the vignette is reduced. Also you can try switching to 16:9/4:3 capture mode and see if the vignettes are the same on both aspect ratios or slightly different. In any case, this is definitely a defect and should be covered under warranty. Good luck!

yeah I think it's hardware problem
I already switch to 16:9/4:3 and the problem still there

but I just notice the vignetting problem come up since I installed Amber update
before Amber no vignetting
so it maybe fix after the next update

if it won't get fix after next update, I will bring it to NCC
thanks again for help :)

Anup256j

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
yeah I think it's hardware problem
I already switch to 16:9/4:3 and the problem still there

but I just notice the vignetting problem come up since I installed Amber update
before Amber no vignetting
so it maybe fix after the next update

if it won't get fix after next update, I will bring it to NCC
thanks again for help :)

Yes you are right. Camera problem arised after Amber update. Even I have same problem. And post the amber update the picture quality is not as good as pre amber update. Hope camera issue is solved in black update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros