Phone content does not show up on Skydrive.

Coprocessor

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

I've followed the URL mentioned below to backup my phone stuff to the cloud:
Video : How to Backup & Restore Windows Phone SMS, Apps, Photo, Call History etc

I also have a valid MS account. Every time I sign in to Outlook and then go to Skydrive, I am unable to see any stuff synced/uploaded to Skydrive.

PS: The phone does have internet connection available over Wifi. Also, if I manually upload something via the Skydrive app, it works.

Where could I be going wrong?

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The text, contact and app backup cannot be viewed in SkyDrive I don't believe. Whenever you reset your device it shows a backup file to restore from. I'm not quite sure where it is saved too. I use SkyDrive a lot and have never seen any info relating to that kind of back up. Obviously pictures and videos back up no problem and can be viewed from SkyDrive.

Coprocessor

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand what problem are you facing?

I have turned on all desired settings for my app settings, pictures, videos, etc. to be automatically updated/synced to Skydrive as backup. I have followed the steps mentioned on the URL - Video : How to Backup & Restore Windows Phone SMS, Apps, Photo, Call History etc

Now if you check the options to back up photos it says for zero compression you need to be connected to the internet over Wifi. I've turned all back up options to ON and have my phone connected to the internet over Wifi for more than a day now. It still does not back up content automatically to Skydrive.

However, if I try to manually update the content to Skydrive it works (via Skydrive app). I would like this back up to happen automatically.

Is there any other option to set the back up time frame on the device?

Ashish Mohta

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings > Applications Pivot > Photos + camera > Scroll to Auto Upload > Skydrive > Choose to upload as it suits you.

In your skydrive there is a folder Skydrive Camera Roll > Camera Roll. Find all your picture here.

Coprocessor

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings > Applications Pivot > Photos + camera > Scroll to Auto Upload > Skydrive > Choose to upload as it suits you.

In your skydrive there is a folder Skydrive Camera Roll > Camera Roll. Find all your picture here.

The Auto upload > Sydrive option is in "turned on" state.

As I've stated earlier, I'd like the backup to happen automatically. This should happen by default (with proper 'changed' settings) on WP8 devices. I'm only looking forward to a solution to this. Aware of the alternate 'manual' methods. I'm concerned with the backup not happening as that itself defeats the purpose. This comes from an ex-Blackberry user where I could save the entire backup as a file or had services like Blackberry Protect available which used to automatically take a backup when the device was connected to the internet over Wifi.

Last edited:

Ashish Mohta

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Can you share screenshot of your Photos+Camera and Skydrive Settings ( which should be under Autoupload of Photos+Camera) ?

--Ashish

Coprocessor

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Can you share screenshot of your Photos+Camera and Skydrive Settings ( which should be under Autoupload of Photos+Camera) ?

--Ashish

wp_ss_20140102_0003[1].png

This one below (backup) was performed manually by me. However, I do not see any settings saved on Skydrive or Windowsphone.com

wp_ss_20140102_0004.png

wp_ss_20140102_0005[1].png

wp_ss_20140102_0006[1].png

Another thing that I noticed was a directory on my SD Card that said WPSystem. In here I found a file called 'WPSettings.dat'. Could these be the settings I backed up manually?

Also, this is what shows up under my Backed up device settings on my Outlook account:

Skydrive.png

Last edited:

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Its great that you uploaded the Screenshots. As for the last screenshot, I'd like to clarify, that space is for connected devices. For ex, I have two laptops and a Windows Phone. So the device settings list contains only my laptops and not my Windows Phone.

If you are trying to see the app list and settings back up, I'm sorry to inform you that it can't be seen.
For pics and videos navigate to camera roll
For Messaging, head to Outlook.com->Log in using microsoft acc-> Messaging (in the left pane)

Coprocessor

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
For pics and videos navigate to camera roll

Here's what I see:

Skydrive Camera Roll.png

PS: There are numerous pictures and videos on the WP8 device. (Weird huh?)

For Messaging, head to Outlook.com->Log in using microsoft acc-> Messaging (in the left pane)

Messaging pane shows up as empty. Have approximately 10+ SMS threads.

Skydrive Messaging.png

Wondering what the solution to get this sorted out is.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
This is very weird indeed. What I can suggest for now is re-sync your Microsoft Account. I'd suggest changing the password from Outlook.com and then syncing from the device.
The device will ask for the new password and sync.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans