Lumia Black Update Official thread India for 720

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Well at least we'll have seen/heard of issues(if any) by the time the update is Live for our devices.

Anyways what is more irritating is that my brand new Lumia 920 hasn't received the update yet because its from Singapore and the update isn't out for that region yet. But oh well, it was a free gift from my manager, so who am I to complain?

WP8_Lover

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
People!

None of you are troubled by the multiple-copies bug? The most I am expecting outta Black is not DTTW or this or that, but a fix for this pain in the neck! Lumia 625 by the way....

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I haven't faced that issue yet. I have a huge music and videos collection in my phone. But thankfully I haven't faced that issue yet.

mrvhin1216

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
People!

None of you are troubled by the multiple-copies bug? The most I am expecting outta Black is not DTTW or this or that, but a fix for this pain in the neck! Lumia 625 by the way....

Are you using the native camera, i.e. Nokia Camera, or the camera within the apps? If you're snapping via in-app cameras, you should turn-off the "save copy in camera roll" option.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Any ideas what are the issues with Black update? I heard this one also effects the battery.
Well at least we'll have seen/heard of issues(if any) by the time the update is Live for our devices.

Anyways what is more irritating is that my brand new Lumia 920 hasn't received the update yet because its from Singapore and the update isn't out for that region yet. But oh well, it was a free gift from my manager, so who am I to complain?

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Any ideas what are the issues with Black update? I heard this one also effects the battery.

Apart from battery I haven't seen any issues. Battery now would just last a day on my Lumia 920. Almost 20 hrs. But that said, I do play a lot of games on it like Asphalt, Fifa and Modern Combat.
Camera is better I feel. Pressing and holding the shutter button to unlock phone and open Nokia Camera is much faster. Notifications are a warm welcome. Anticipating DTTW for the 720 now.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Iv been hearing about double tap to wake alot, I hope it makes its way into the phone. I seriously wouldnt want to update if the battery decreases. after amber it decreased alot.
Apart from battery I haven't seen any issues. Battery now would just last a day on my Lumia 920. Almost 20 hrs. But that said, I do play a lot of games on it like Asphalt, Fifa and Modern Combat.
Camera is better I feel. Pressing and holding the shutter button to unlock phone and open Nokia Camera is much faster. Notifications are a warm welcome. Anticipating DTTW for the 720 now.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I think roll out has just started. My GF has just messaged me on Gtalk (Scared) and said " Some update kind of thing appeared on the screen and i accidentally clicked on it and now i have two gears on the screen for so long" :p
Now its in migrate step. It has to be black. I've already updated her phone to Amber + GDR3 before gifting her.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Apparently, a friend in Singapore has already received Lumia Black update on his 625. He says there's minimal reduction in battery backup. Although its to be noted that his phone doesn't have Glance. But I'm sure it won't be much.

montyhaustraun

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Some of the users in India have reported that Lumia 625 (Indian Variant) is already receiving Lumia Black update.

P.S. The nokia website still shows the status of 625 as WAITING FOR APPROVAL.

When will my Lumia 720 get the Lumia BLACK update???

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon