Hello..i recently bought Lumia 720 and within a month it started hanging...!! it had been to nokia care once wit os reinstalled but no use..after 2 days it started hanging again..i have limited apps in my phone..i tried ALL types of RESET..but no use..
    So what will be my further steps...?? is there any hardware issues like touch screen defect..?? i dont belive this hang is due to less RAM.. i ve read all issues related to hangs..but none helped..
    So Please help..currently AMBER firmware!!
    01-26-2014 12:27 PM
    Could you please elaborate your problem? Is it with specific apps, does it happen all the time etc.
    01-26-2014 11:15 PM
    As I said before i ve limited apps.....The phone hangs all time...moreover it starts hanging during restart also...
    01-27-2014 06:57 AM
    Do you have access to a computer with Windows 7 or 8 and WiFi?

If so, download Nokia Software Update (NSU). Download it via the link here: Suffering from the spinning cogs issue on a Nokia Windows Phone? There's a fix for that | Windows Phone Central

Ignore the title of the post.

After you install the software hook up your phone. You will be given an option to do a reinstall of your firmware. It will download and install a complete firmware for your phone. Note that it will erase everything from your phone.

If that doesn't work your phone is faulty and should be returned and given a new one.
    Jayanth N likes this.
    01-27-2014 07:06 AM
    I don't know if this is related, but our 520 was hanging a lot in the beginning. Photos and settings, and sometimes other things, just wouldn't close or open, and we couldn't turn the phone off without holding volume down and power for a minute or so.

I got rid of lots of apps, did a few factory resets, but the only thing that seemed to work is to not use the camera button. We take photos with a screen tap.

It hasn't hung up for a couple of months now, but the last couple of times one or two restarts fixed it.

I have no other idea of a cause, so you might consider a hardware issue, too.

Good luck- it's very frustrating and I almost sent it in to Nokia for replacement.
    Jayanth N likes this.
    01-27-2014 07:11 AM
    Guys i found that deleting the offline downloaded maps had reduced the hanging problem..was that a problem...??
    02-04-2014 08:49 AM
    Guys i found that deleting the offline downloaded maps had reduced the hanging problem..was that a problem...??
    New one on me. Did you have much space on your phone?
    02-04-2014 09:04 AM
    No..only required area i downloaded..but deleting that had solved the phone from hanging
    02-07-2014 05:40 AM