Is it wise enough to buy nokia lumia 720 right now?

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Well said, right now Flipkart is giving the Black on which I have in just 16000. :) I will just say 1320 can never replace 720. the bulid is heavenly, its a gorgeous phone.
I could have suggested you to wait for a 1GB replacement for the 720. Even I am waiting for it. But nothing has been announced yet and some of the leaks suggest there is going to be a Dual Sim WP. But no information has been provided about the successor to the 720 yet. Check one of my threads from Sept last year. So its quite safe to invest in a 720.

The 1320 is also a great device but cannot be compared directly to the 720. They both are different phones with different sizes and both have slight advantages over the other.

Online purchase is absolutely fine. Just buy it from a trustworthy site and get a proper bill which is necessary for warranty etc.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
i will see 1320 as well. i was afraid with the comparison of camera that 1320 have not a good camera compare to 720
i dont want to get less quality camera after giving extra thousands
okay now let me clarify you one more thing about money aspect...I bought my 720 for 17800 in July...but in six months I got frustrated with its ram limitations...and I have to buy 1320 for 23900 rs...so in six months I spent 41700 on phones...now think if I have never bought 720 I could have gone for the ultimate 1520...thing is six months back I didn't have the choice but now you do have...so think carefully and mind you that ram effects the great deal to your devices performance and capabilities...though your needs could be different still don't limit your self think carefully and think all the aspects then make your decision...and if you already have another android or other smartphone and you just wanna taste wp then go for 720....it ll compliment your other smart phone just great...but for your primary single device I would still say wait or go for any 1 gb phone....

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 720 is still very beautiful phone but, that is about it ;) . I was planing on getting Lumia 720 too about a year ago but luckily I got a deal for Lumia 820 and bought that instead. Better chipset+ Amoled display+ 1GB ram + faster updates makes the difference ;) . I'm lucky i didn't bought L720.

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
ummmm i know what r u telling me.... thanks for ur so much time spend on my problem :)
things which i understand from all this is i have to choose from two things : if camera then 720 and if more games , speed, app then 1320

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
i dont want to play much games ..
what i want is best camera ,longer battery backup, good speed , good map application, all popular social apps .. thats it

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
what i want is best camera ,longer battery backup, good speed , good map application, all popular social apps .. thats it
820 is perfectly right for you,better hardware and display than 720, better camera than both 720 and 1320, and costs in between both :)

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
820 is perfectly right for you,better hardware and display than 720, better camera than both 720 and 1320, and costs in between both :)

yeah I always forget about the 820...its a very underrated phone...don't know about its battery back up though...and I didn't like its looks when buying 720...but I should have bought 820 ...that was indeed a mistake...btw I am not making any case for 1320 coz i know nothing is stand out about it except for its sheer screen size and battery and the price point..basically I just want any person to buy any phone with at least 1 gb ram for better experience and future proofing...

farhanmariz

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I've used a 720 before upgrading to a 925 last month. For me, it was a very capable phone. What I miss the most is the battery life - 2 days with Whatsapp running 24/7 is nothing sort of amazing. If you don't play games/apps that require 1GB of RAM and don't mind waiting for a bit for apps to load, then go for it.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 720 doesn't have good maps, as it runs here drive, not here drive+.

the difference between HERE drive and drive+ is that drive+ gives turn by turn navigation in all countries covered by HERE, while HERE Drive gives navigation in only one country- you get navigation only for the country of which you put in the sim card in your phone, and not for any other country

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 720 doesn't have good maps, as it runs here drive, not here drive+.

Mate, what are you on about? Maps for all Nokia devices are the same. And as mpt15 mentioned the only difference between Here Drive and Here Drive+ is the country limitation. I use both the 920 and 720. It may come to a surprise to many that I actually use the 720 as my main phone. I use the 920 mainly for games and photographs. For quick photos I still use the 720 which is no slouch.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site

Since you've mentioned your requirements, the 720 does fit the bill. As for the 820, its a very good device. But with a 1650 mAh battery, it doesn't have a great battery back up as the 720. On a recent 700 KM road trip, I had navigation turned on the whole time with battery to spare at the end of the trip. Also the 820 not as sleek as the 720. But its quite a cute phone itself. But please note that the although the 820 has 8.7 MP camera, its not a Pure-view Camera. So not as good as the 920. The prices will be higher than the 720.

PBV7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys...I also want to buy a new phone...Should I buy 820??1320 is too big...Should I buy now only or wait or a new phone with 1gb ram????Thanks..

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Well after reading all these valuable comments from all my friends.. i choose to buy L720.
now question is from where i should buy .. from market (18850) or from internet (snapdeal) in 16550.
i m just thinking that why there is so much difference between its prices.
i m afraid if they are selling me bad piece of mobile.

its not a question .. but just wants to discuss

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Well after reading all these valuable comments from all my friends.. i choose to buy L720.
now question is from where i should buy .. from market (18850) or from internet (snapdeal) in 16550.
i m just thinking that why there is so much difference between its prices.
i m afraid if they are selling me bad piece of mobile.

its not a question .. but just wants to discuss
Go ahead and hope you like your 720 and enjoy that camera...i think you should buy it from official Nokia Store....though i don't have much experience in on line shopping specially for mobiles..but they do have good return and exchange policies...

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Buy it through fk. Its 16300. You should bought it earlier at 14k .. But you can wait, keep following fk and amazon.in price trends. Take the best deal forward. Online buying is safe but make sure its from a reputed dealer with good feedback

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey don't believe others.I think lumia 720 is better than 820 miles apart.it has bad camera.nd also bad battery the moment u connect to internet it will drain like anything.nd also it does not lock 3G at all .I bought it for 21209 from amazon india.I made the worst mistake. Buy only lumia 720 not 820. Plz avoid lumia 820 it is the worst battery backup device which u cannot enjoy.regret not purchasing lumia 720 or other android. Some are just misleading u don't fall into the trap and buy 820.It is device only for calling and messaging.not for browsing or taking pictures. The recent black update killed its camera in low light.it is now yet another mobile with disappointing camera.go for only 720/920/925.

Sent from my iris458Q using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac