Is it wise enough to buy nokia lumia 720 right now?

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Is it wise enough to buy nokia lumia 720 right now? As I heard when i went to buy that This L 720 is going to be out of market soon and therefore no use to buy it. It will not get update after few months. I like this phone and its functions, but now after getting this news , i m not sure if i should buy this or not. I am always a nokia user, so i trust nokia and its good to use.

Thing is when i use phone , i use it for longer period. i bought nokia e63 and i m still using it after so many years.
If i buy a phone now , i wants to make sure that it works well after 2 years as well and all software get their update,
So tell me guys i should buy this one or not .

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral.

All WP8 devices including the 720 will receive WP 8.1 update. And hence it'll continue receiving updates. Its an absolute charm of a device and performs well for its price. A successor to the phone hasn't been announced yet, so it won't be phased out soon. As a matter of fact its not even a year that this device has hit the market. So yes you can use it for quite some time. However, with just 512 MB of RAM there will be certain limitations for games which require 1 GB RAM won't work. I've been using the 720 since its inception and have no complain against it (except the RAM which I explained earlier).

Depending on where you are from you can get great deals on the phone. I saw a 720 being offered as low as 12000/- INR late in December.

patrickwee

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
First thing first, L720 is going to stop manufacturing? how do you get this information ? Whereas this phone is just release at March 2013 so i dont think Nokia is going to stop supplied this model anymore ,And Microsoft has confirm that all windows phone 8 will be upgradable to the next version of windows phone 8.1 ,and they further said that they're going to service (provide new software )the current windows phone 8 user for the next 24 month .

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
First thing first, L720 is going to stop manufacturing? how do you get this information ? Whereas this phone is just release at March 2013 so i dont think Nokia is going to stop supplied this model anymore ,And Microsoft has confirm that all windows phone 8 will be upgradable to the next version of windows phone 8.1 ,and they further said that they're going to service (provide new software )the current windows phone 8 user for the next 24 month .

Gaurav is correct about the updates. Please see this thread.

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Gaurav .. u really help me to find some air :)
i think i will buy this one in this week.
L 720 in 12000 .. u sure ... bcoz here i m getting at atleast 18800

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Gaurav .. u really help me to find some air :)
i think i will buy this one in this week.
L 720 in 12000 .. u sure ... bcoz here i m getting at atleast 18800

I purchased mine back in late April 2013 @17650 INR. I did a lot of bargaining and got a free headphones as well. As for the Lumia 720 I saw back in December, it probably was on sale or something. I just wanted to check the price difference. But 18,800 is a lot more.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I ll advise you to wait for couple of months for some new hardware with at least 1 gb ram from Nokia..and if you are comfortable with bigger phones you can choose 1320...you have to compromise on camera and NFC but overall its a more future proof device...I own both and I love my 720 its a nice little device but that 512 mb ram makes it somewhat limiting and in longer run you may feel frustrated with it like me...you can choose 920 or 925 too...just that you are thinking to use your phone for a long time I advise you to buy phone with minimum 1 gb ram...definitely I love my 1320 more than 720...

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I could have suggested you to wait for a 1GB replacement for the 720. Even I am waiting for it. But nothing has been announced yet and some of the leaks suggest there is going to be a Dual Sim WP. But no information has been provided about the successor to the 720 yet. Check one of my threads from Sept last year. So its quite safe to invest in a 720.

The 1320 is also a great device but cannot be compared directly to the 720. They both are different phones with different sizes and both have slight advantages over the other.

Online purchase is absolutely fine. Just buy it from a trustworthy site and get a proper bill which is necessary for warranty etc.

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
920 and 925 are pretty out of my budget.
i can think about 1320.
can u plz tell me good n bad thing of 720 and 1320 also their comparison

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
yes i am still with 720 ... et see if 1320 can change my mind

i can think about 1320.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i will say, it always make sense to buy 720. so nice piece of hardware. u get everything, a good camera, good features n specs, nice look and really good power back-up.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
yes i am still with 720 ... et see if 1320 can change my mind

i can think about 1320.
Gaurav already gave you the reviews and the specifications....still as an actual user of both I can say in simple words 1320 is bigger and much faster ....the screen is great for its price and the 3 rd extra column of tiles make it more beautiful and easy to use...camera on 720 is better but I was happily surprised by the performance of 5 mp 1320 camera....you wont see much difference camera wise...if you go for any 1 gb device you don't have to wait for any games or apps to be optimized for 512 mb ram..and some games and apps works only with 1 gb ram...in a nutshell 1320 is faster,supports more games and apps,will receive more and sooner updates coz its new...and a great battery back up as well....

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I ll also advise you to go to near by store and check both of them out in person ..as 1320 is a massive 6 inch device and you may not be comfortable using that big a phone..but the design and shape makes it very much easy to handle for me but still go and have a feel of both of them ...though I am sure you ll be blown away by the screen and performance of 1320..

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
i will see 1320 as well. i was afraid with the comparison of camera that 1320 have not a good camera compare to 720
i dont want to get less quality camera after giving extra thousands

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077