Battery Draining

VarunGvs

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
My 720 battery neva shows 1day...at max it shows 18 hours and even after black update it shows 15-16 hours only....wats wrong with this??

i know i game a lot but even wen i dont...like even if the d phone is idle for hours the battery drain is still the same....M usin Battery app to find out my discharge rate and it is always around 6%:crying::crying::unhappy:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Here's an article to read: 17 tips to extend battery life on Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central

Also if you use Whatsapp it drains the battery fairly quick. Also not sure how long you've had your phone but it does take some time for the battery to regulate.

Sometimes a soft reset will help as programs can become 'stuck'. Soft reset -> Volume down and power button together. Hold until the phone vibrates then let go. Phone will restart. You may need to reset date and time.

VarunGvs

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Here's an article to read: 17 tips to extend battery life on Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central

Also if you use Whatsapp it drains the battery fairly quick. Also not sure how long you've had your phone but it does take some time for the battery to regulate.

Sometimes a soft reset will help as programs can become 'stuck'. Soft reset -> Volume down and power button together. Hold until the phone vibrates then let go. Phone will restart. You may need to reset date and time.
Hey gaurav, i Follow almost all these options

still dunno wats wrong!!

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
i know i game a lot but even wen i dont...like even if the d phone is idle for hours the battery drain is still the same....

How have you tested this? Try charging to 100% just before you go to bed. Unplug the phone and leave it idle for the whole night. Next morning, see how much battery has drained.

Remember that battery stats are averaged over time, so if you've been gaming for a long while, then stopped for a little while, stats will show average drain over whole period.

For someone who games a lot, 15 to 18 hours on a single battery charge sounds about right.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
The remaining battery is an estimated value. It is calculated based on the previous usage of the phone(up to a week). Since its estimated, one shouldn't necessarily be bothered with it. But just for the peace of mind try conserving the battery for a week. You can see the estimates increasing over a period of few days. Even with moderate gaming, with wifi and GPS on at all times 15~18 hours is good back up time.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i think u have an issue with battery. get it checked at care center.
bcoz, u might be one of very few, who complaint about battery in 720.

VarunGvs

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Well i do game a bit..at least 2-3 hrs a day and its mostly minion rush or aspahalt airborne....and i keep on listening music.....like almost six hours a day

VarunGvs

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
How have you tested this? Try charging to 100% just before you go to bed. Unplug the phone and leave it idle for the whole night. Next morning, see how much battery has drained.

Remember that battery stats are averaged over time, so if you've been gaming for a long while, then stopped for a little while, stats will show average drain over whole period.

For someone who games a lot, 15 to 18 hours on a single battery charge sounds about right.
Well i tried that too...it stays at 85 +- %....

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Well i do game a bit..at least 2-3 hrs a day and its mostly minion rush or aspahalt airborne....and i keep on listening music.....like almost six hours a day

but i only switch on data that too 2g at most times or wifi

I guess this answers your queries. You use your phone extensively and expect it to do wonders with the backup. Based on your usage the phone shows you your estimated remaining time. Nothing wrong there.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I guess this answers your queries. You use your phone extensively and expect it to do wonders with the backup. Based on your usage the phone shows you your estimated remaining time. Nothing wrong there.
I agree. With two to three hours gaming and six hours music listening, I wouldn't expect to get more than 18 hours from a charge.

To the OP, I think you're chasing shadows here. If you want you phone to last longer, don't use it so much! Otherwise, use it and enjoy. With your usage pattern most phone's would be dead well before day's end. At least the 720 hangs in there until bed time. I don't really see that you have a problem...at least with the phone. Your expectations may be a little overheated, though.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Well for me the battery has doubled after black update. i am really happy. Getting great standby time with usually 2 days with normal use.
I agree. With two to three hours gaming and six hours music listening, I wouldn't expect to get more than 18 hours from a charge.

To the OP, I think you're chasing shadows here. If you want you phone to last longer, don't use it so much! Otherwise, use it and enjoy. With your usage pattern most phone's would be dead well before day's end. At least the 720 hangs in there until bed time. I don't really see that you have a problem...at least with the phone. Your expectations may be a little overheated, though.

VarunGvs

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site

No actually, after getting to know that people are getting 1 5hrs..1d18hrs of battery backup i was a bit worried!

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
No actually, after getting to know that people are getting 1 5hrs..1d18hrs of battery backup i was a bit worried!

I get about 72 hours (three days) between recharges on mine, but that's because I don't play any games on it, occasionally browse the web, and only occasionally make calls. My main activities are SMS and emails. My screen is generally on for less than one hour a day (and typically only half an hour). You're using your phone much more intensely, so you will never get that sort of battery run time.

So unless your usage is very similar to those saying they are getting 1d18hrs, you're worrying is not justified. Remember that two of the biggest power suckers are that big screen and the graphics chip powering that big screen. So having your phone running games has both the screen and the GPU chugging away for all they're worth. If others are playing graphical games for three hours a day and still getting two days out of single battery charge, then you may have a problem. But I suspect this isn't the case.

Ivaylo Badinov

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Facebook, Twitter, Viber and WhatsApp drain battery like crazy. In fact all messaging apps that use push services. If you use them - you could not do much. If you don't use some of them, best is to uninstall or at least try to turn off the background messaging from the options. At least Facebook App is almost useless because you could do much more from the mobile site, and also WP has pretty good integration with it. You should turn off facebook chat from Messages if you use the Facebook App.

I use the Battery app to track the usage. And found that unsintalling messaging apps reduced the drain to ~2% per hour (in standby) with Location, 3G and WiFi always on. Of course not using social apps is not an option for most people, that is why ~4.5% per hour is a normal drop in standby. Then add some % more for playing with your phone or talking.

So I think that 6% could be normal for an active user.

Also having many live tiles and active lock screen could have some impact though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa