Settings takes up memory while installing apps from sd card

Fronald Chettiar

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, this is my first post to WPCentral Forums.
My query is in regard that how to recover space taken up by "Settings" as viewed in "Storage Check."
It takes up about 919 MB of space while normally it should be around 100 MB.
This issue happened when I had tried to install the latest update of Asphalt 8 through SD Card.
I had freed up about 2.2 GB of space on the phone and then tried to install the update, but it regularly failed.
It had started giving me some kind of errors. "Error code 80070057" had started appearing. So I had to uninstall the game, which gave me some relief from that error.
Again when I started the installation it started giving me errors "Attention required. Tap here". After getting tired of seeing this regularly, I cancelled the installation.
This increased my "Settings" memory.
Any help would be very Thankful in advance :smile:

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140207_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140207_0001.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 3
  • wp_ss_20140207_0002.png
    wp_ss_20140207_0002.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 3

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
can you retry download asphalt app then delete it may be settings memory goes to normal. I heard asphalt game needs around 2.2GB-2.5GB
Hello everyone, this is my first post to WPCentral Forums.
My query is in regard that how to recover space taken up by "Settings" as viewed in "Storage Check."
It takes up about 919 MB of space while normally it should be around 100 MB.
This issue happened when I had tried to install the latest update of Asphalt 8 through SD Card.
I had freed up about 2.2 GB of space on the phone and then tried to install the update, but it regularly failed.
It had started giving me some kind of errors. "Error code 80070057" had started appearing. So I had to uninstall the game, which gave me some relief from that error.
Again when I started the installation it started giving me errors "Attention required. Tap here". After getting tired of seeing this regularly, I cancelled the installation.
This increased my "Settings" memory.
Any help would be very Thankful in advance :smile:

Fronald Chettiar

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I tried doing this but to no avail. I currently freed up around 2.8 GB of space but still it gives me storage errors. Also while installing it from SD Card, it shows that the game is already in collection.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I tried doing this but to no avail. I currently freed up around 2.8 GB of space but still it gives me storage errors. Also while installing it from SD Card, it shows that the game is already in collection.

Then you try by change date from 2014 to 2100 then clear your temp file from storage check, then back to your normal date. May be this will work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs