Camera quality after Nokia Black update?

pankajupadhyay05

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Have you noticed any improvement in camera quality as i cannot identify them myself.

Another thing i want to know, is the difference between default camera and Nokia camera. Does Nokia camera produces better quality pics or is it the same as default camera.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
For me I use the default camera if I am not in the mood of experimenting. For professional set ups Nokia Camera is very good. I heard the noise in the photos and the grainy photos have reduced after Black update. I still the remember the best photos I have taken are through the default camera when I bought the phone. It was outstanding and then amber made it rubbish.

pankajupadhyay05

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I too read many people saying that camera quality was best before amber. Sadly, I couldn't certify that i as bought the phone updated. The photos are grainy and noisy that's why i was waiting for the black update. But to my realization, nothing noteworthy has happened in the pics quality. Then, I installed Nokia Camera but couldn't find it any better than the default camera. Compared many shots with both the apps but other than colour saturation, nothing seems apparent. BTW by colour saturation, I mean yellow seems more yellow in default camera shot. Will try to upload the shots tomorrow.

Also, the Nokia camera takes some time to load so setting it as default is useless until the picture quality is better. Right now, I am relying on fellow users like you to test and tell the difference in Nokia Camera and Default one.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
WP_20130716_001.jpgI may as well shows you some pictures by uploading them here. Believe me Amber was the biggest mistake that happened to Lumia. The main reason why I love the Lumia range is the os and the camera and after amber it went to s**t with the yellow hue all over the pictures. When I bought the phone in July 2013, the photos were outstanding. I have attached 2 pics. the nokia Camera really still needs some fixing. I think the main os upgrade to amber messed up the camera algorithms and settings.WP_20130707_013.jpg
I too read many people saying that camera quality was best before amber. Sadly, I couldn't certify that i as bought the phone updated. The photos are grainy and noisy that's why i was waiting for the black update. But to my realization, nothing noteworthy has happened in the pics quality. Then, I installed Nokia Camera but couldn't find it any better than the default camera. Compared many shots with both the apps but other than colour saturation, nothing seems apparent. BTW by colour saturation, I mean yellow seems more yellow in default camera shot. Will try to upload the shots tomorrow.

Also, the Nokia camera takes some time to load so setting it as default is useless until the picture quality is better. Right now, I am relying on fellow users like you to test and tell the difference in Nokia Camera and Default one.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I would like to point out one thing though that the camera is still very good for day photography that is if there is good light exposure. I have taken some awesome ones with the default camera off late. The problem is with the low light photos. here is one I took lately. and one in the night.WP_20131224_004.jpgWP_20140201_021.jpg

pankajupadhyay05

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Your first two images are very nice with less noise and grains while the next two images aren't that good. Specially the third one is the result i get 90% of the time. Don't know how can a camera go wrong after update. And how come it can't be corrected in next updates. Anyways, I am attaching few screenshots. First four shots are after amber update. While the next three are after black update. Tell me what you guys think

Amber::
WP_20131205_013.jpg
WP_20131212_021.jpg
WP_20131229_001.jpg
WP_20131229_035.jpg

Black
WP_20140209_001.jpg
WP_20140207_003.jpg
WP_20140205_004.jpg

All the pics are from default camera. Will try and shoot same shots with default and Nokia camera and post in next reply

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I found difference between nokia camera and main camera's picture quality. Nokia camera's pics are soften while main camera's pics are sharp. Anyone noticed that.?

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes. thats why I prefer the default camera over Nokia Camera, I find Nokia Camera pics to be more blurry and grainy.
I found difference between nokia camera and main camera's picture quality. Nokia camera's pics are soften while main camera's pics are sharp. Anyone noticed that.?

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Can you try uploading pictures from low light or taken at night using flash and without flash?

From these attachments it seems the pics after black update are more clear and colour is more vivid.
Your first two images are very nice with less noise and grains while the next two images aren't that good. Specially the third one is the result i get 90% of the time. Don't know how can a camera go wrong after update. And how come it can't be corrected in next updates. Anyways, I am attaching few screenshots. First four shots are after amber update. While the next three are after black update. Tell me what you guys think

Amber::
View attachment 56523
View attachment 56524
View attachment 56525
View attachment 56526

Black
View attachment 56527
View attachment 56528
View attachment 56529

All the pics are from default camera. Will try and shoot same shots with default and Nokia camera and post in next reply

pankajupadhyay05

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Downgrading is not an optimal choice though camera is the most important function of this phone. What we shall lose after downgrading shall be noted down: glance screen notification, colors options for night mode, double tap to wake, app folders, Nokia camera and few under the hood improvements as stated by the OS and firmware teams. To be honest none of the features are that important than the quality of camera. Will think and decide

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
What I am more concerned is losing the warranty of the phone more than anything after I downgrade. Even if you do it do let us know about this so that I can decide. Its not only these features but also other things like the Other storage problem and push notification problems that got fixed after amber update.
Downgrading is not an optimal choice though camera is the most important function of this phone. What we shall lose after downgrading shall be noted down: glance screen notification, colors options for night mode, double tap to wake, app folders, Nokia camera and few under the hood improvements as stated by the OS and firmware teams. To be honest none of the features are that important than the quality of camera. Will think and decide

pankajupadhyay05

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
The camera quality has improved a bit after black update but still pre-amber can't be matched which i saw in its reviews on various sites. Also the front camera has improved. After amber it was disgusting with grainy image captures. Now its acceptable and good. Rooting isn't a viable solution as along with warranty, many apps shall become incompatible. Besides we need to understand that black update should be a more mature product than Portico which is now almost two year old.

Another thing i confirm is that Nokia camera does produce more blurry images than default camera.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
100% Correct. You need to have Black to upgrade to 8.1 my friend :)
The camera quality has improved a bit after black update but still pre-amber can't be matched which i saw in its reviews on various sites. Also the front camera has improved. After amber it was disgusting with grainy image captures. Now its acceptable and good. Rooting isn't a viable solution as along with warranty, many apps shall become incompatible. Besides we need to understand that black update should be a more mature product than Portico which is now almost two year old.

Another thing i confirm is that Nokia camera does produce more blurry images than default camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos