LOCK / UNLOCK (power) BUTTON acting wierd!

Nevin Alex Chacko

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!

I have been experiencing some trouble with the power button( lock/ unlock ) .
- its not getting locked /unlocked when I press the button
- " slide to power off " msg comes up automatically

This started to happen all of a sudden. Is this a common bug in lumia devices? Or just an issue with my button?

Regards,
Nevin

karanculguy

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
this wierd thing also happened with my lumia 710. and when i approached nokia care they told me that the button is damaged .
dont know how the button got damaged but after replacing the button it worked fine

Last edited:

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
My friend who also has a 720 faced a similar issue. He did a hard reset and the issue got resolved. So can suggest that. But you will lose your data.

Nevin Alex Chacko

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
this wierd thing also happened with my lumia 710. and when i approached nokia care they told me that the button is damaged .
dont know how the button got damaged but after replacing the button it worked fine

Hmm maybe. Thing is I've been using a bumper recently, so there can be damage to the power key.. But then if its damaged it should be acting like this everytime..but here thats not the case

jvsrinivasan

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Try installing baby dragon's lock screen app and enable touch to wake up option...that's it...

Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

Pravin K Yadav

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi Nevin,

What did you do to get rid off this...factory reset or button replacement. From yesterday i am also facing similar issue. Please tell me the solution bro...this is really frustrating.

dineshkumarv08

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I have checked it. Its actually the damage happened with the lock/unlock button. When I do a feather touch there is a response in the screen to wake and sleep and even ask for powerOff. Planning to replace the power button, im sure this will fix. There is no software issue on this.

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
People with a 720 should never ignore any button issues. A lot of people show up at the service center for these button issues. Better to get it done before it becomes completely useless.

KUMAR MAYANK VIPAL

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
No Big Issue,i had the same problem ,just go to a nokia care and tell them to replace the strap(its like a sticker that runs under the volume up+down+power+camera keys) under the button.it will take a maximum of 20 minutes.
Enjoy Your LUMIA 720.

nitiny8

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Care center (in Delhi) replaced the button of my colleague without any charge.
Probably weirdo behaviour of Power button is Hardware problem.

rgds,
NY

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs