Glance Screen options disabled. [Lumia 720, Black Update]

Neeraj Maheshwari

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am having a Lumia 720 updated with Black. (Updated to Black 2-3 weeks ago.)
Today, Suddenly my screen went blank & was refusing to display anything. Even soft reset did not work - screen was still blank. Then automatically display was back after some time. Sometimes, it was flipped vertically, sometimes colors were inverted. Then i saw that Glance screen was not functioning. Going into settings, I found that all the Options inside Glance were disabled[See Attached screenshot]. I hard resetted my Lumia & updated all the apps(extras + info & Display). Glance options were enabled. But after i turned it on with 'peek', same problem started again.

Screen does comes back now but not all the time. Sometimes it unlocks after 5-10 minutes. It's very unpredictable. Side-Unlock & Double-tap work - either both work or none work . Is it a hardware failure? Is there some workaround before going to Nokia Care?

Thanks.
-Neeraj.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140214_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140214_0001.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 4

titoyees

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Try to uninstall glance and install againg, how?

1. Change your year to 2150
2. Go to settings, Glance. There the app will ask you to uninstall or purchaser, do uninstall
3. Change again your year to the right one (2014)
4. Install Glance again

Hope this could help

Neeraj Maheshwari

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for Reply. I tried the above steps. The problem still persists. The unlocking problem occurs less frequently now, but it's still there.
Any other options?

Thanks.
-Neeraj.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium