Random other storage issue Lumia 720

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.

I've been using a Lumia 720 for a long time now, without any major issues (at least since the other storage problem was fixed).

Today, the other storage issue has come back to haunt my phone, and I can't understand why. I check the available storage on my phone a couple of times a week, and checked it last night. There was 600>700MB available (it has always been around 500MB>800MB).

I hadn't used my phone much since checking the storage last night, apart from a few phone calls. I came to take a picture today, the first in about 4 days, and the phone refused to take it as there was no free phone storage. I checked the available storage again, and it had gone down to 444KB free, while it was in my pocket.

'Storage Check' shows that the 'Other' storage has increased from 900MB to 1.5GB since last night, there was no increase to the temporary files, and no increase to the app sizes.

I have tried:
  • Clearing temporary files
  • Deleting Bing Search Cache
  • Deleting Internet Explorer History
  • Reset Camera
  • Re-booted
  • Soft Reset
  • Cleared Skydrive Cache using the change date trick.
  • Deleted maps history
  • Removed all accounts other than my Microsoft account.

All of this has clawed back 124MB, but that was all from the temporary files.

The phone is running Lumia Black, and was hard-reset after installing it because it caused a few issues with settings not working.

Is there anything else I can try to get the space back, without having to hard-reset the phone (again)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon