Songs Duplicating and Songs Don't Play If Copied Directly Onto The MicroSD Card

lumia720

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Now, I know this is a common problem. You transfer songs from your PC to the Phone, you open Music+Videos and they've multiplied like rabbits in there.

I read a solution where one would have to remove the MicroSD Card, use a card reader to copy the songs onto it and that would resolve the issue.
But, it didn't quite work.

I've tried the following:

1) Coping directly onto the SD Card without removing it from Windows Explorer.
2) Used the Windows Phone App for Windows 8.
3) Used Media Monkey.
4) Windows Media Player
5) Copying it directly onto the SD Card after removing it.

Now problem is, with 1-4, the problem was only that the songs would replicate, but with 5, I'm not even able to open "phone storage" from settings after inserting the SD Card. MixRadio ends at a black screen and a reformat is needed if I even need to access my Pictures.

Also, when I view it under Phone Storage, it lists 5.63GB(Size of the songs I transferred) as Other! :/

What is the solution here?

EDIT: Looks like it's been fixed. I quick formatted it as FAT32 and 32kB allocation size with no Volume Label within Windows 8 and transferred the songs.

Initially, the 5.63GB is counted as other, but in a few minutes, it's all categorized as Music.

EDIT 2: Wow, I sync a Playlist to the phone through WMP and the wretched thing copies the songs again. Wow, just wow.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans