Lumia 720 + 2 New EarPods.

Kelvin Morais

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have a L720 and I bought new EarPods. I used them for 2 months and suddenly, the left earphone stopped working. I thought it was an isolated case and bought another EarPods. Two weeks later, the left earphone stopped working.

Any idea what it could be?

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have a L720 and I bought new EarPods. I used them for 2 months and suddenly, the left earphone stopped working. I thought it was an isolated case and bought another EarPods. Two weeks later, the left earphone stopped working.

Any idea what it could be?
Use the Nokia original headphones....do you have the problem now?

Kelvin Morais

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
But i dont like HEADphones... It's big. The EarPods fits perfectly in my ears. I would like to know if there's some problem with the conector(compatibility) and maybe buy an adapter... I dont know =(

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
But i dont like HEADphones... It's big. The EarPods fits perfectly in my ears. I would like to know if there's some problem with the conector(compatibility) and maybe buy an adapter... I dont know =(

Were they designed for iPhones? Anything that is designed for Apple products tends to only work properly with Apple products.

Kelvin Morais

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Both are genuine(100% original). Some functions doenst work like "Vol+" and "Vol-" and microphone, but that is because jacks connector different. But phones should work properly.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Both are genuine(100% original). Some functions doenst work like "Vol+" and "Vol-" and microphone, but that is because jacks connector different. But phones should work properly.

The detail you haven't posted is whether the EarPods' left earphone only stopped working on the 720, or if it stopped working altogether on any device. If the EarPods work on another device, but the left ear doesn't work on the 720 only, then it could be a connector issue. If the EarPods' left bud doesn't work on any device, then I'd say you've just been unlucky to get two dud EarPods (and you shouldn't have to buy new ones - you should be able to swap them under warranty).

If you suspect that it's a connector issue, try the earphones that come with the 720. If these work flawlessly, then you can be pretty sure that the connector in the phone is not faulty, so that would point to an incompatibility with the EarPods and the 720, for which there may be no solution.

Kelvin Morais

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Both stopped working on any device. I tried other earphones and it works fine.
And both were imported, so, no warranty available =/
I was thinking it could be a incompatibility between the conector and plug jacks (and not a L720 faulty connector).
Anyway, i won't risk buy another EarPhone.

Thnaks guys!

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking it could be a incompatibility between the conector and plug jacks (and not a L720 faulty connector).

If was a jack incompatibility then the phones should work properly on at least some other devices, and would certainly work properly on an iPhone, if you could get hold of one to test on. I think you've just been unlucky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre