Lumia discharged completely. Battery not charging

Dhaval Metrani

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Update:
I gave my phone to service center guys:
1. They try factory reset: No luck since phone does not start. They said they would get back in a while.
2. I called them next day and those guys said: "Issue with 'a cover' (Thats what i heard over phone)". Dont know what that part is but it would be available in another weeks time.
They gave me 710 till i get my phone back.

Vinit Yadav

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I faced same problem with my L720, but a power button+vol down reset did the trick for me.By the way best f luck to get it back fast...

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I've had phones take up to 15 hours to trickle charge enough to turn back on...and nothing will detect them until they have at least that minimum charge.

How on earth did you get the phone into a state that it needed to do this? The battery monitoring circuitry should turn the phone off well before it reaches the Lithium-Polymer critical charge limit that requires this sort of TLC. The only way I know how to do this (other than having a faulty phone) is to keep forcing the phone to turn on once it has automatically shut down due to low battery.

Dhaval Metrani

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Update:
Got my phone from the service center guys after 1 month. Updated with Black OS. But with new issues:
1. Mic not working.
2. Camera not working. It exits immediately after launch.
Went back to the service center to get it fixed and they tried the following:
1. OS reset. No luck.
2. Mic changed: Mic started working. But camera issue still present.
3. Tried with another A cover. Camera still not working.
4. Factory reset, amber update, black update: Cam still not working.
They have now sent the phone over to the main service center at Chennai. It would take another 10 days to get my phone back.
Really disappointed with Nokia service. They should have replaced my phone if they could not fix it.

Lovish Jaiswal

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Dear Dhaval

I am facing exactly same issues with my Lumia 720, Kindly let me know how you'll get your issue solved ??
Is this is a major issue to worry ???

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that service center doesn't know what it's doing at all, and even messed up your phone further...I got this exact same problem before that when it drops to low battery and powers off itself it can't charge or boot again...I took it to my service center and they said that the battery voltage had dropped too low and they took the battery out to charge it, and in 15 mins ti was working again without reset. I hope your issue gets resolved!

Dhaval Metrani

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Update:
Got my phone back and everything seems to work well this time. I got my warranty extended by another year.

Lovish,
As long as your phone is in the warranty period no worries. The only problem is that you would loose all data on your phone memory if a factory reset is required. And your phone would be away for a while. Do ensure you back up all your contacts on your Microsoft account.

Cheewi,
My phone's battery has run out earlier as well. But it took about 5 mins to start the phone. This time the problem was with the touch screen, which was damaged (may be due to a call i made with almost zero battery and my phone would never start)

Jasleen Ratra

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Could you guide me on how you started your handset earlier, when it discharged? Same issues here. Bin' two days since i'm trying to charge it overnight. but it just won't turn on. Besides. giving my phone away to the Nokia care sounds scary.

Dhaval Metrani

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi Jasleen,
Earlier when it discharged, it would charge automatically using the wall-charger. Would hardly take 5 mins. Do not overcharge your phone, you may end up damaging your phone circuit.
Your best bet would be to give your phone to the service center guys. May be the guys at the service center i approached were inexperienced ones.
All the best.

avinsinghal

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I was updating my phone but I think my phone got discharged and now when I am charging ,for few seconds the rotating gears appear but after that my phone switches off.this cycle keeps on occurring..plz help

Vasilis Biloukos

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. I had my phone with no charge for quite a few days. Now it has the same problems you have. It seems phone is in a loop of restarts, not allowing to charge. I took out the battery and used an external PSU to charge it for a while.

Jobert Cordero

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
i just had this problem 2 days ago. im almost giving up.tried soft and hard reset but still no response from my phone.
Next to do is to open it up removed the battery used a standard multi tester result is battery totally drained. as i read from previous replies i need to charge the phone up to 15 hours (i did it just trying if it will revive my phone) unfortunately nothing happens. my last option is to charge the battery in different way. i remove the battery and hooked up to my lap top for 1 hour put it back and boom he's back.

How to do it,

1. open your lumia search in youtube bunch of tutorials there.
2. find a standard USB cable and cut the other end.
3. stick + to red cable from usb - to black cable plug it to your computer/lap top and let it sit there for an hour
4. put back the battery am pretty sure it will work

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney