05-29-2017 09:38 AM
48 12
tools
    bro !! same thing happened with my lumia 720 :( .... even i have sent to nokia care they have said it would take max 15 days.. i am just pissed up !!
    04-24-2014 08:42 AM
    awww I don't want discharged my phone anymore
    hope you will get the new one
    04-24-2014 08:46 AM
    Update:
    Got my phone from the service center guys after 1 month. Updated with Black OS. But with new issues:
    1. Mic not working.
    2. Camera not working. It exits immediately after launch.
    Went back to the service center to get it fixed and they tried the following:
    1. OS reset. No luck.
    2. Mic changed: Mic started working. But camera issue still present.
    3. Tried with another A cover. Camera still not working.
    4. Factory reset, amber update, black update: Cam still not working.
    They have now sent the phone over to the main service center at Chennai. It would take another 10 days to get my phone back.
    Really disappointed with Nokia service. They should have replaced my phone if they could not fix it.
    05-06-2014 07:04 AM
    Dear Dhaval

I am facing exactly same issues with my Lumia 720, Kindly let me know how you'll get your issue solved ??
    Is this is a major issue to worry ???
    05-12-2014 12:35 AM
    Wow, that service center doesn't know what it's doing at all, and even messed up your phone further...I got this exact same problem before that when it drops to low battery and powers off itself it can't charge or boot again...I took it to my service center and they said that the battery voltage had dropped too low and they took the battery out to charge it, and in 15 mins ti was working again without reset. I hope your issue gets resolved!
    05-12-2014 04:34 AM
    Update:
    Got my phone back and everything seems to work well this time. I got my warranty extended by another year.

Lovish,
    As long as your phone is in the warranty period no worries. The only problem is that you would loose all data on your phone memory if a factory reset is required. And your phone would be away for a while. Do ensure you back up all your contacts on your Microsoft account.

Cheewi,
    My phone's battery has run out earlier as well. But it took about 5 mins to start the phone. This time the problem was with the touch screen, which was damaged (may be due to a call i made with almost zero battery and my phone would never start)
    05-13-2014 05:54 AM
    Could you guide me on how you started your handset earlier, when it discharged? Same issues here. Bin' two days since i'm trying to charge it overnight. but it just won't turn on. Besides. giving my phone away to the Nokia care sounds scary.
    05-13-2014 09:34 AM
    *slowly claps...... claps rapidly*
    05-13-2014 09:47 AM
    What is there to applaud. Considering the posts in here, you could tell, how helping the care center is.
    05-14-2014 03:56 PM
    Hi Jasleen,
    Earlier when it discharged, it would charge automatically using the wall-charger. Would hardly take 5 mins. Do not overcharge your phone, you may end up damaging your phone circuit.
    Your best bet would be to give your phone to the service center guys. May be the guys at the service center i approached were inexperienced ones.
    All the best.
    05-30-2014 05:32 AM
    Do not overcharge your phone, you may end up damaging your phone circuit.
    You can't overcharge your phone. This is not possible with modern phones with Lithium batteries.
    05-30-2014 11:37 PM
    Hi
    I was updating my phone but I think my phone got discharged and now when I am charging ,for few seconds the rotating gears appear but after that my phone switches off.this cycle keeps on occurring..plz help
    11-17-2014 04:39 AM
    I had the same problem. I had my phone with no charge for quite a few days. Now it has the same problems you have. It seems phone is in a loop of restarts, not allowing to charge. I took out the battery and used an external PSU to charge it for a while.
    12-10-2014 03:40 PM
    Great suggestions! It worked. Up in Lake Arrowhead and I panicked as I don't think there's a t-mobile service center close by. Thanks a bunch.
    03-25-2015 01:09 PM
    i just had this problem 2 days ago. im almost giving up.tried soft and hard reset but still no response from my phone.
    Next to do is to open it up removed the battery used a standard multi tester result is battery totally drained. as i read from previous replies i need to charge the phone up to 15 hours (i did it just trying if it will revive my phone) unfortunately nothing happens. my last option is to charge the battery in different way. i remove the battery and hooked up to my lap top for 1 hour put it back and boom he's back.

How to do it,

1. open your lumia search in youtube bunch of tutorials there.
    2. find a standard USB cable and cut the other end.
    3. stick + to red cable from usb - to black cable plug it to your computer/lap top and let it sit there for an hour
    4. put back the battery am pretty sure it will work
    Harrie-S and callado like this.
    04-06-2015 05:29 AM
    Dear friends,
    keep your mobile only in single use. , or please check mobile charger slot 5 pins. are working normaly...
    06-26-2015 11:23 PM
    My phone encountered the same problem. Can you please tell me what happened to your phone finally. is it working?
    11-16-2015 01:50 AM
    I have Lumia 540 and its battery is not charging above 3% and it is still showing charging when I connect it to my charger I have original charger of this device can someone help me what to do????????
    08-06-2016 03:34 AM
    Thanks a loadz to you !!!! you made my day today. I was so tensed, my lumia 720 was switched off since last night. It was not taking charge.I tried everything starting from soft reset, hard reset, pressing and holding the xyz buttons. but all were of no use. Finally your tip helped me. I removed the battery and charged it manually via a old data cable. it worked !! thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................................
    09-18-2016 02:27 AM
    i just had this problem 2 days ago. im almost giving up.tried soft and hard reset but still no response from my phone.
    Next to do is to open it up removed the battery used a standard multi tester result is battery totally drained. as i read from previous replies i need to charge the phone up to 15 hours (i did it just trying if it will revive my phone) unfortunately nothing happens. my last option is to charge the battery in different way. i remove the battery and hooked up to my lap top for 1 hour put it back and boom he's back.

How to do it,

1. open your lumia search in youtube bunch of tutorials there.
    2. find a standard USB cable and cut the other end.
    3. stick + to red cable from usb - to black cable plug it to your computer/lap top and let it sit there for an hour
    4. put back the battery am pretty sure it will work

hi Jobert,
    Thanks a loadz to you !!!! you made my day today. I was so tensed, my lumia 720 was switched off since last night. It was not taking charge.I tried everything starting from soft reset, hard reset, pressing and holding the xyz buttons. but all were of no use. Finally your tip helped me. I removed the battery and charged it manually via a old data cable. it worked !! thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................................
    09-18-2016 02:30 AM
    Update:
    Got my phone from the service center guys after 1 month. Updated with Black OS. But with new issues:
    1. Mic not working.
    2. Camera not working. It exits immediately after launch.
    Went back to the service center to get it fixed and they tried the following:
    1. OS reset. No luck.
    2. Mic changed: Mic started working. But camera issue still present.
    3. Tried with another A cover. Camera still not working.
    4. Factory reset, amber update, black update: Cam still not working.
    They have now sent the phone over to the main service center at Chennai. It would take another 10 days to get my phone back.
    Really disappointed with Nokia service. They should have replaced my phone if they could not fix it.
    10-13-2016 04:05 AM
    How much it ll cost me without warranty from service center to solve this people
    10-13-2016 04:07 AM
    Could you guide me on how you started your handset earlier, when it discharged? Same issues here. Bin' two days since i'm trying to charge it overnight. but it just won't turn on. Besides. giving my phone away to the Nokia care sounds scary.
    I have a Nokia 630. I had the same problem. My phone would not start. I tried charging it with a wall charger. Left it on overnight but didn't work. I connected it to my laptop, but my computer didn't recognise it. I thought the battery must have died as no matter what keys I pressed to reset it nothing happened. This happened on a Friday evening. On the Sunday I
    tried different phone shops to get a new battery. Since Nokia closed there local shop I tried
    around. I was told you can only buy this battery online and none of the shops have it anymore. I checked online but I would have to order it and not know if this was really the
    problem. I thought my phone was dead and I would be better putting the money towards a
    new phone. I had just about given up. On the Monday (today) I opened the phone to check
    the battery model number while thinking what to do. I removed the battery and left the
    phone open on my office desk all day. This evening (12 hours later) I decided to put it back together, inserted the battery and closed the cover. As fate would have it, I pressed the start button on the side one last time. Amazingly I felt the phone vibrate and the NOKIA logo appeared on the screen! My phone was still alive! It had been dead for 3 days and had not responded to any kind of charging. It is now working normally. So before taking it for service it might be worth a try removing the battery for a day. I not sure why what caused this as I'm no technical expert. Maybe a virus, maybe a faulty contact on the battery or phone. I will wait and see if the problem comes back. It can also be caused by full memory. Thought me experience might be useful to someone out there.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-29-2017 09:38 AM
48 12