Lumia discharged completely. Battery not charging

Akshay kumar19

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
I have Lumia 540 and its battery is not charging above 3% and it is still showing charging when I connect it to my charger I have original charger of this device can someone help me what to do????????

callado

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks a loadz to you !!!! you made my day today. I was so tensed, my lumia 720 was switched off since last night. It was not taking charge.I tried everything starting from soft reset, hard reset, pressing and holding the xyz buttons. but all were of no use. Finally your tip helped me. I removed the battery and charged it manually via a old data cable. it worked !! thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................................:grincry::smile:

callado

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
i just had this problem 2 days ago. im almost giving up.tried soft and hard reset but still no response from my phone.
Next to do is to open it up removed the battery used a standard multi tester result is battery totally drained. as i read from previous replies i need to charge the phone up to 15 hours (i did it just trying if it will revive my phone) unfortunately nothing happens. my last option is to charge the battery in different way. i remove the battery and hooked up to my lap top for 1 hour put it back and boom he's back.

How to do it,

1. open your lumia search in youtube bunch of tutorials there.
2. find a standard USB cable and cut the other end.
3. stick + to red cable from usb - to black cable plug it to your computer/lap top and let it sit there for an hour
4. put back the battery am pretty sure it will work

hi Jobert,
Thanks a loadz to you !!!! you made my day today. I was so tensed, my lumia 720 was switched off since last night. It was not taking charge.I tried everything starting from soft reset, hard reset, pressing and holding the xyz buttons. but all were of no use. Finally your tip helped me. I removed the battery and charged it manually via a old data cable. it worked !! thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................................

guru sewak

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Update:
Got my phone from the service center guys after 1 month. Updated with Black OS. But with new issues:
1. Mic not working.
2. Camera not working. It exits immediately after launch.
Went back to the service center to get it fixed and they tried the following:
1. OS reset. No luck.
2. Mic changed: Mic started working. But camera issue still present.
3. Tried with another A cover. Camera still not working.
4. Factory reset, amber update, black update: Cam still not working.
They have now sent the phone over to the main service center at Chennai. It would take another 10 days to get my phone back.
Really disappointed with Nokia service. They should have replaced my phone if they could not fix it.

Rickie29

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Could you guide me on how you started your handset earlier, when it discharged? Same issues here. Bin' two days since i'm trying to charge it overnight. but it just won't turn on. Besides. giving my phone away to the Nokia care sounds scary.

I have a Nokia 630. I had the same problem. My phone would not start. I tried charging it with a wall charger. Left it on overnight but didn't work. I connected it to my laptop, but my computer didn't recognise it. I thought the battery must have died as no matter what keys I pressed to reset it nothing happened. This happened on a Friday evening. On the Sunday I
tried different phone shops to get a new battery. Since Nokia closed there local shop I tried
around. I was told you can only buy this battery online and none of the shops have it anymore. I checked online but I would have to order it and not know if this was really the
problem. I thought my phone was dead and I would be better putting the money towards a
new phone. I had just about given up. On the Monday (today) I opened the phone to check
the battery model number while thinking what to do. I removed the battery and left the
phone open on my office desk all day. This evening (12 hours later) I decided to put it back together, inserted the battery and closed the cover. As fate would have it, I pressed the start button on the side one last time. Amazingly I felt the phone vibrate and the NOKIA logo appeared on the screen! My phone was still alive! It had been dead for 3 days and had not responded to any kind of charging. It is now working normally. So before taking it for service it might be worth a try removing the battery for a day. I not sure why what caused this as I'm no technical expert. Maybe a virus, maybe a faulty contact on the battery or phone. I will wait and see if the problem comes back. It can also be caused by full memory. Thought me experience might be useful to someone out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720