Spinning Gears, No Volume Down, No nokia servers

CarlosSanchez6

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
So this is my problem I read almost through all of the other posts and nobody seems to get as much horrible coincidences as me.
I tried to restore my lumia 720 directly from the phone. I got stuccoed at spinning gears and couldn't do hard reset because my volume down button doesn't work. I managed te get the cover off my phone and now I can get the battery off in order to restart and I found I could use the Nokia Software Updater for retail or Nokia Care Suite. I left my phone in the morning connected when I managed to get to the firmware update section but when I got back home a network error showed up and the firmware download wasn't complete. I tried downloading again but every time NSU tries to connect to server it shows an error saying it can't connect to server and to check my internet connection but it is alright. I tried with NCS using the Data Package Manager to download the firmware but it is stuccoed at connecting to server. Multi Software Updater and every other tool shows my phone as an undetectable device. I don't know if the server problem is something at Nokia's servers or I messed up while trying to update. I don't want to take my phone to my phone company unless it is really necessary since I live in Mexico and they probably charge me like 60 dollars for something I could do at home. Please help.
THANKS!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It has to be Nokia's servers are down. There is nothing wrong with my Internet, and my router/firewall is not blocking the connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky