Lost features after reset.

xArgieboy

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm writing this post seeking information about some... "lost features" that my phone had yesterday. So, let's say a week ago I updated to Windows Phone 8.1. Incredible, amazing. Super smooth, worked perfectly. But... after a few days I said to myself "hey, I want to talk to someone". So, I tried to set up all the things required to enable Cortana. It didn't work. I had region, speech, keyboard and language set to English BEFORE I updated to 8.1 so I think Cortana should've appeared right away but it didn't. The thing is that I can make some "moves" to leave just 1 language instead of two such as "Espa?ol (Argentina)" (that's for me) or "English (UK)" but I can't make the US get alone which is why I think Cortana doesn't show up at all.

Now, I have the super smart idea of doing a reset, thinking that I would be able to select "English (US)" as language right from the start.... but no. So now I have Lumia Black and 8.1 as it says installed, but I'm missing features like if Black was uninstalled, such as the Windows Key behavior (that I could select wether they vibrate on touch or not... now it's gone) or the "my text" option and notifications on Glance and also the night mode color selection. So.... is there anyway I can fix this? I will upload some screenshots I took so you can have a better idea of what I just talked about.

If you can see the one that shows the two languages set... I can move "English (US)" up, change it's region, speech, etc. But can't remove others to leave it alone. Since I can't do that and get Cortana I thought about quiting the idea until we get it officially so now I just want to get those previous features back. Sorry for the whole extense writing, I wanted to be clear as possible, and thanks from now on :)

wp_ss_20140426_0001[1].png
wp_ss_20140426_0002[1].png
wp_ss_20140426_0003[1].png
wp_ss_20140426_0004[1].png

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
For starters, you need to update your all system apps. You'll get back the "missing" features. Since you have WP8.1, you will be able to force an update check in your Store, so I am not going to post all the links here.

As for Cortana, I get the feature by setting my phone language to English (US) and region to United States. I am in India.

xArgieboy

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your fast response shmsnh. And yes, i've seen a lot of people from India could but, most people (me, friends and other ones who posted the same) in my country can't. As you can see in the screenshots everything's set to US.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
You're welcome.

On the last screenshot, the phone language is set to English (UK). I'm almost certain that's where the problem lies. Unfortunately, I do not know how to remedy that. Just adding a language works for me.

johnweisze

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
have the same problem too,,after updating to windows 8.1 i was happy with the new cool features it turned from lumia black to lumia cyan,,i decided to do a hard reset because i want to change my microsoft account..after backin up my data and after the reset i lost some features of the W8.1 including cortana,wifi sense and story teller that was all there before the reset..
i need help :unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05