Problems while charging

deshire

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi WPcentral,

Recently I'm having problems with my 720. While it's plugged in, I cannot unlock the screen, and if the screen is unlocked (gotta unplug to unlock ;/ ) the phone goes crazy. When I touch the 'back' button, it goes to bing search (even if I'm going back from settings or anything else) or vibrates a few times (I set up the buttons to vibrate when touched but the phone vibrates about 3-4 times in 1 sec. intervals - after I've touched the button once). I can't swipe to the app list because the screen reacts to my swiping touch as if I've touched a tile and goes to some random app ;/

Basically, I'm unable to use my phone while it's charging, but when it's not plugged in, no such things happen.
I've already tried turning it off and soft resetting, I'm looking for some support before I try to hard reset it/set factory settings.

Is it possible that it goes crazy after the software update or because of an application (e.g battery app)?

Got WP 8.0
OS v. 8.0.10517.150

Guys, please help.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
you should get your device diagnosed in nokia service centre , I have heard such cases in HTC and Samsung phones , the hardware button works oddly when connected to charger .Between did you tried a different charger/socket/different USB cable / Try to charge it with PC ?

deshire

May 3, 2014
Visit site
wow, PROBLEM SOLVED - don't ever use USB extension (the charger was under my desk, the cable was a lil't bit too short so I plugged it to non-nokia charger and also used an usb cable extension), today I've disconnected this whole bulls*t cable structure, used Nokia plug, no extension - works like a charm. Let this be a warning... :O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss