Microphone not working

iain_h

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Just lately the microphone on my Lumia 720 has ceased to work, making voice calling impossible. I can hear the caller but they can't hear me.

Obviously this state of affairs can't continue.
Has any other 720 owner had this problem? If so, did/ would a factory re-set help? I don't really want to go to the trouble of sending it away for repair and then having to re-install all my apps when I get it back.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you are still under warranty/insurance, you're going to have to do a factory reset before they'll cover a repair or replacement. The reason for this is that software corruption can cause many things that can appear to be hardware, but aren't, and since software problems are not covered, they'll want to prove it isn't software that's the problem before they do a replacement or repair. It's pretty standard in the industry. Save yourself the time on the phone and back up all your pictures and music, and do the factory reset. If it solves the problem, you've got a good phone again. If it doesn't, you know it's hardware and can get the phone fixed or replaced.

If you don't have warranty or insurance coverage, that still applies, because if the reset fixes it, you got the fix without spending any money. It just makes sense to do it.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Same here... the problema start for me on december, i send to warranty and they change the microphone and Works fine but now 1 and half month ago the problema start again... now i send 3rd time the phone but now to the nokia... 1 month without the cel... yesterday i go to the store because the phone come that day and the problema its still here... the mic not work with nothing! thats weird all with the same error... now they gonna change mi 720 but its hard to find one... but WTF? i dont wanna this problema again with the new 720

Baron PL

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
So, looks like im another "victim" .
I send my Lumia 720 to warranty and they also changed the microphone, today i got my telepohne back and guess what? Nothing changed.
People who i am talking with can't understand me and they're saying that im underwater or something...
I found something weird about it - when i change to speaker and then back to default my voice quality is a little better but not much.
Is this a problem with 2nd microphone? im really annoyed about this because i can't use the most important "feature" of phone, lol.

Sorry for bad english, hope you understand me...

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
So, looks like im another "victim" .
I send my Lumia 720 to warranty and they also changed the microphone, today i got my telepohne back and guess what? Nothing changed.
People who i am talking with can't understand me and they're saying that im underwater or something...
I found something weird about it - when i change to speaker and then back to default my voice quality is a little better but not much.
Is this a problem with 2nd microphone? im really annoyed about this because i can't use the most important "feature" of phone, lol.

Sorry for bad english, hope you understand me...

They change my 720 for one new... Guess u need to talk with warranty, because I got 3 times to service and nothing! But they change me the damn 720 and now have a gorgeous 720 cyan ❤

Sent from my RM-885_eu_france_266 using Tapatalk

Lars Buch

May 30, 2014
Visit site
My microphone seaced working af few days ago, i hoped it just would start working after restarting but it didn't. In another forum (Lumia 925) a person plugged af headfone in an after unplugging the micophone worked again. So I tried with a headset from a MP3 player, but it didn't Work.
Then I plugged in the headset, turned off the phone and rebooted with the headset still in place. And now it works fine again! I just hope it will last...... But it's certanly a software problem. I hope this simple solution will work on your phone too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss