Which phone to buy?

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i recently broke my favorite 720.
now, repairing is out of the question as i broke the unbreakable gorilla glass, and repair cost will be equal to NL 520 (almost).
thus, now, thinking of buying a new phone. which one to buy?
i went through specs and comparison of other lumias and unable to conclude.
can anybody suggest me a mid-ranged phone, similar to 720?

some things i want to discuss:-
1. i did not like 1320: screen is too large, handset is bulky and i may not be able to manage.
2. whether the withdrawn (i mean stopped production) phones such as 820 or 920 or 625, make good buy now? i may get one 820 from Nokia dealer out of old stock. he offered all warranty and everything official. (625 is still officially available by Nokia, but the news in the market is, it's just they are finishing the stock. no new production)
3. any other brand WP phone (other means Micromax, or today's news of Xolo) can make a good buy?

i really do not want to go to any other OS, not particularly Droid.

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, there really arent any new mid range WP on the market right now, i would personally get a 630 first those are quite cheap right now, and then just wait till the 730 releases and get that instead, but if you rarely upgrade and you want a proper mid range phone then you would probably have no choice but to get a droid.
If you are a hardcore wp fan then get a 520 or even an asha and then just upgrade later, im pretty sure the 730 is just around the corner.
Or if you manage to get your hands on my phone, the 620, then the only sacrifice you will be making is the screen size and cameras, otherwise you will get the same exact experience. I think the 620 should be dirt cheap by now.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Just now, i have found an another option that, a dealer who is a friend of mine, can give me 720 which he has in stock. With warranty and everything. 820, he had one but recently he sold it. Is it a good idea?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Just now, i have found an another option that, a dealer who is a friend of mine, can give me 720 which he has in stock. With warranty and everything. 820, he had one but recently he sold it. Is it a good idea?

If you liked your 720 and that deal is legitimate, get back another one and simply pull your information off the old one to the new one and either keep the old for parts or sell it for parts. If it cheaper to replace the screen for the one you have - even if it is the price of a 520 - than to buy a new 720 outright, then repair it.

It sounds like unless you buy a newer generation phone upon release, the 720 has been fitting your needs so far.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
That's a good idea. I will definitely think about it. Even micromax is also good option.

No no..my cousins fell into the trap of Micromax. Really dude, it's not worth our hard earned money. XOLO on the other hand looks stunning, they may use cheap components inside, but the screen display is as good as a Motorola or even HTC.

That's why I recommend a XOLO...

PS: I'm from India.

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
checked specs for both Micromax and Xolo. both are almost similar, with a few here and there. Xolo looks promising. Xolo is a little costlier but compensates with Dragontail glass.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i was comparing micromax canvas win w121 v/s xolo q00s
most of the features and processors are same. some differences are: -
Pros for Micromax: -
1. larger screen (5.0 v/s. 4.7)
2. larger battery (2000 mAh v/s. 1800 mAh)

Pros for Xolo: -
1. DragonTail Glass
2. Lighter in weight
3. wider frequency coverages in 2G and 3G (though not useful anymore)
4. though a bit smaller screen, resolution is same, thus higher ppi)

one more thing i noted is, though Xolo has smaller battery, their data shows more talktime and more standby time, 1.75 times in case of standby, 2.5 times talktime.

for comparison, i have checked many websites, and the company websites also.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but the one bing that matters the most is the display quality. MM is BULL$H!T trust me...why don't u check out a Lower end Lumia or something?

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but the one bing that matters the most is the display quality. MM is BULL$H!T trust me...why don't u check out a Lower end Lumia or something?

its habit u know.
once u use 720, nothing lower will be acceptable. u won't like it. the only option considerable i found is 625.
i am ready for 820 or 920, but they r gone from the market. the available options are 625, 630, 1320, 925. news is 925 is also going out, and anyways, its quite high in the budget. i do not want to spend on it, because, almost every year, i get a new one and i am really not that delicate user for phones. i spend high on my laptop rather than cellphone. i use macbook air 13.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
its habit u know.
once u use 720, nothing lower will be acceptable. u won't like it. the only option considerable i found is 625.
i am ready for 820 or 920, but they r gone from the market. the available options are 625, 630, 1320, 925. news is 925 is also going out, and anyways, its quite high in the budget. i do not want to spend on it, because, almost every year, i get a new one and i am really not that delicate user for phones. i spend high on my laptop rather than cellphone. i use macbook air 13.

Hmm..well. Since u mentioned it. I have an 820. I want to sell it. PM me if you are interested. The budget you have is the price I'm looking for. It's a win-win. The phone is in perfect condition, with all the accessories.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmm..well. Since u mentioned it. I have an 820. I want to sell it. PM me if you are interested. The budget you have is the price I'm looking for. It's a win-win. The phone is in perfect condition, with all the accessories.

thanks for ur offer. but i decided to try something new this time. i am a die hard nokia user for a long time, but got to try something else also.

areewahab

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I think it's better to stay in Microsoft products (Nokia), since the support is much better.. I don't know, but 920 is much cheaper right know, (a bit expensive than 820) buy it's worth every penny you are going to spend... Or just wait for 730, maybe Q4

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
thats correct. i have similar opinion about 920. but both 920 and 820 (720, 620 also) are discontinued from the market. thus, what i was able to get only 720 from old stock. otherwise all the 920s and 820s are gone.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
If I were you, I would wait for a Lenovo phone. I have a Lenovo K900 and love everything about the HARDWARE only. Software sucks big time. And price? They are charging what they are offering. Not like Scamsung.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Why not get a cheap Lumia 720 to replace a 720. You've used it before and if other choices don't really suit you probably a cheap phone with same model might be the way forward? Our marketplace generally has a few on sale from members. If you don't find something, eBay bids are another way to quickly grab a bargain

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo