Another topic about volume key

Nemanja 1

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

I started this topic hoping that someone has the right answer. :cry:

My L720 volume key down problem started after 7 months of flawless work.
Sometimes volume key won't work and sometimes it work for hours...totally random.
That started sometime around my audio update, so i guess it's software problem.
Hope that's going to be fixed with 8.1.

So, my question is, has anyone come up with permanent solution or any update about that problem?

I searched internet back and forth for that problem,almost nothing new came up.

Cheers!

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I hate to say it Nemanja, but this sounds like a hardware problem to me... perhaps the rocker switch shorting out? Especially since it's an intermittent failure.

One advantage in 8.1 is that they've created two controls for volume: one for Ringer and Notifications, the other for Media and Apps. Pressing either up or down on the volume key will make the control bar appear at the top of your screen. You can control the volume (up or down) using the slider bars instead of the hardware key. Not a perfect workaround and if your phone is still under warranty, you might want to get it repaired/replaced. If it is a hardware problem, things will only go from bad to worse.

Nemanja 1

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for help!

It's just that people in services here are often not well qualified and can make things worse.

I'll try to take it to service and see if they can check it in front of me.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for help!

It's just that people in services here are often not well qualified and can make things worse.

I'll try to take it to service and see if they can check it in front of me.

Before you take it to anyone, if you bought it from your cell service provider, call them and ask about repairs. If you bought it from another source, check the Nokia website. They have a list of authorized service centers that are qualified to fix Nokia phones.

Also, make sure you backup your settings and content to OneDrive just in case they break your phone. You can find Backup in the Settings.

Nemanja 1

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Will do! And will post results after i get back from service.
I bought it in tech store, but it has guaranty, so they'll do it for free.
Thanks!

oliverr871

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hardware problem. I took mine apart and replaced the button strip on the mainboard (very easy) that contains the volume up/down buttons and the camera button. I did NOT replace the buttons on the case itself, this was the button strip that is connected to the board.

Nemanja 1

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hardware problem. I took mine apart and replaced the button strip on the mainboard (very easy) that contains the volume up/down buttons and the camera button. I did NOT replace the buttons on the case itself, this was the button strip that is connected to the board.

Where did you get the button strip?
I don't want to open my phone till my guaranty ends,but would try that if there was no guaranty. :)

Nemanja 1

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Got it repaired at service in half an hour. They just replaced rocker switch as Nerdy Woman mentioned. Thanks!
It's working fine now. But guy who works there told me to avoid silicon cases,cause buton covers are too hard and then you press volume key with too much force. I had same problem with samsung galaxy ace+ before. Makes sense i guess. :/

Blake Yap

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Isn't it weird that all 720's are getting this problem? Even mine has this problem for the volume down button, im unable to do the soft reset anymore.. l
Probably gonna send it for repair after the windows 8.1/cyan update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre