My Lumia stays at the spinning gears, how do I get it to stop? (Installing Windows 8.1 Update)

ARUN G K

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Dear Friends,

My Lumia stays at the spinning gears, how do I get it to stop? (While Installing Windows 8.1 Update):cry:

Plz reply me fast....

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Try this if it is going on for more than several hours.
Method 1:
1. Plug in your phone
2. Do the soft reset (with the power button and volume down)
3. At the Nokia screen press Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down (one at a time, quickly)
4. Let the gears run for about 10-20 minutes. If it doesn't finish up, do it at least 2 more times.

or

Method 2:

Step 1
Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.

(To cancel OS reset and exit to the normal mode, press the Volume Down + Power Key and hold them for 15 seconds).

Step 2
Then input Keys in the following order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

Step 3
The phone will reset and boot up automatically. Please note that this may take several minutes.

Had the above steps from several forum posts in the Nokia forum these are pre-portico when a hard reset would result in the spinning gears.

cjloyola

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Wait! Try to Remove the SD while Installing. that's what i did. When i reinsert the SD Card after the Update, all apps will take time to install, mine took for almost 30mins to install apps from SD Card.

at first, some apps dont work. but when i reconnected to the internet, everything else works very well.

Cool Apps Folder with Live Tile. :-D

Nitesh Moundekar

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Wait! Try to Remove the SD while Installing. that's what i did. When i reinsert the SD Card after the Update, all apps will take time to install, mine took for almost 30mins to install apps from SD Card.

at first, some apps dont work. but when i reconnected to the internet, everything else works very well.

Cool Apps Folder with Live Tile. :-D
This works.

1) Started with infinite gear on my 720
2) Remove SD Card, just eject and let it be there for quick insertion
3) Do hard reset Volume Down + Power + Camera button press for 10-15 s
4) Infinite gear starts to show up with increasing status bar
5) When its rebooting just pop in the SD card.
6) Everything will be normal, no re-installing of apps or anything.

Note 1:- This is now persistent issue. Whenever there is a update or I want to add new languages for Cortana alpha trial, you will be greeted with infinite gears. Just follow the SD card trick and be safe.

Note 2:- Keep charger handy as infinite gears drain the battery quite faster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans