SD CARD scan problem?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had this issue once. I've just made a backup of my data and formatted SD Card via Storage Sense. Probably you won't face this error again. I didn't.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
This comes up a couple of times when I do a soft rest on my phone. Formatting the card via laptop or via phone doesn't solve it. I have done that in the past but I still get this pop up on a couple of ocassions.

Even if I get a proper goodbye message when my phone shuts off, this screen appears but yes not always. Say I do about 10 soft resets, about 5 to 6 times out of 10 I get this pop up to scan the SD card. Just select OK, the scan lasts for about max a minute and then its done.

if you have apps on the card does it take some time for tiles to load on the start screen?
Yes it does take time to load on the start screen.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
before hard reset, if done yes it said scan failed
so now I hard reset phone & format memory card & now I didn't try soft-reset or restart phone, I will try in extreme condition.
in wp8.0 I soft-reset my phone in 2-3 days but now I will try when I have some problem.
This comes up a couple of times when I do a soft rest on my phone. Formatting the card via laptop or via phone doesn't solve it. I have done that in the past but I still get this pop up on a couple of ocassions.

Even if I get a proper goodbye message when my phone shuts off, this screen appears but yes not always. Say I do about 10 soft resets, about 5 to 6 times out of 10 I get this pop up to scan the SD card. Just select OK, the scan lasts for about max a minute and then its done.

Yes it does take time to load on the start screen.

cjloyola

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
as far as i remember, im clicking yes for this one. i always forget that there is "Unmounting" method is Windows Phone. No losing of data happened. also, as per written "We Recommend you back up your files" and "possibly losing any data".

Did you press "Yes" once? or not yet?

esakki1988

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Dude, I also face the same problem. What I did was, clicked no and backed up all my memory card content. After that I formatted my memory card (of course you will lose all your apps installed on the card). No the problem has gone. But you have to install all the memory card apps. Might be some other way of solving this, but don't know. Hope this might help you.

mukulagarwal

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I have lumia 720.
I dint face this issue earlier when I restart my phone but when I tried a soft reset this issue came and now whenever I restart my phone it asks for scan. So people don't try a soft reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos